Kami no Tou / Tower of God

• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date
Mizunil

Mizunil

Born at a young age
Towns Folk
Has anyone watched Kami no Tou or is reading it?

It was a crazy big deal because it was one of the first webtoons to get created into an anime! I will admit season 1 is kind of lacklustre, and I do wish the animation was a bit better although the webtoons art also wasn’t that good in season 1. But, it gets so much better in season 2 and 3! I hope season 2 comes out next year!
What are your thoughts on this?

Reactions: Marc and Alex
Currently reading it. Saving watching it until Viole comes up tho, otherwise I won't be able to contain my excitement.

Reactions: Mizunil
I watched a few episodes and liked it a lot, so I immediately started reading the webtoon. I’m pretty far into that now. Not quite caught up but fairly close. The world is really cool and the cast of characters is great (except for a certain little freckled biznatch). Battles are also awesome.

The anime stopped at a good place for season 1. It definitely gets better from that point on. I have a feeling the art style will stay consistent in the anime though.

Reactions: Mizunil and Alex
I have a feeling the art style will stay consistent in the anime though.
I think you’re right tbh, I just hope the fight scenes are good :eyes:

I think you’re right tbh, I just hope the fight scenes are good :eyes:

They’ve gotta be. Viole is a beast.

But yeah, the only real reason the art style got better in the webtoon I think is because the author gradually got better at drawing it. In the anime’s case, they probably chose their style on purpose and intend to use it for good. The animation itself could get better though, and I do hope it does for the sake of fight scenes.

Reactions: Mizunil and Alex
Bruh the very first scene with Viole in the testing area is gonna be sick animated

Reactions: Mizunil and Gram
I'm getting so excited just thinking about the battles in hell train, but that's still a looong way to go

I'm getting so excited just thinking about the battles in hell train, but that's still a looong way to go

I was thinking the same thing.

Same with the few arcs after that too. I get excited thinking about seeing it animated but then I remember where season 1 ended. That’s 100’s of chapters back. A lot to look forward to, I guess.

Reactions: Mizunil
I will admit season 1 is kind of lacklustre
Is it that bad? Do you feel like I'd drop it if I try season 1 out?

It can’t really be judged by that first season. I never watched past the first few episodes, but I’d guess it’s only lackluster because the rest of the story from there on out is so much better. I’m sure it’s still fairly decent, and I’d absolutely suggest to keep watching (or start reading the webtoon) if you like the anime so far.

After the events of season 1, the scale of everything changes. Fights are more intense and the scope of the story is ramped up. Definitely don’t skip the first season though.

Reactions: Marc and Mizunil
I still really enjoyed it, I think it’ll be good enough to keep your attention. I’d still give it a good 7-8/10, but just know it gets waay better. Some people like to say that season 1 is almost like a prologue for the real adventure

Reactions: Gram and Marc
I've heard it's kind of hard to follow unless you've read it. I do recommend reading it anyway though, it's awesome.

Reactions: Mizunil and Marc
Back