1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

KH3D-DDD Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Discussion in 'Nintendo 3DS Games' started by fantanoice, Jun 6, 2014.

1. fantanoice

fantanoice Yui Hirasawa - Lead Guitarist Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    56 coins
    Has anybody played this? What were your thoughts?

Honestly, I only picked this up because I loved The World Ends With You, and this game has some of the characters from it (in glorious 3D).

From what I played of it (my first Kingdom Hearts game), it was pretty fun gameplay-wise, but not being able to control when your two characters switched was kind of a pain. I also didn't get very far in it.

What did you think of it?
    embracethedream likes this.
  2. Marc

Marc Until We Go Down Forum Management

Play Coins:
    2,517 coins
    It's also my first Kingdom Hearts game and I only battled that evil queen of the sea character from The Little Mermaid. Pretty good game if you ask me. I should start playing it again, :oops:
  3. Mikaya

Mikaya Resiiiiiii . Forum Management

Play Coins:
    2,573 coins
    I've only played the demo, and I actually really liked it. The 3D is awesome. Might consider getting the full game. I've never owned a KH game, so this would be the first if I do decide to get it. xD
  4. FirstSerpent

FirstSerpent Button Masher

Play Coins:
    1,194 coins
    It's the game I bought with my 3DS, so it's my first actual 3D game. As a KH fan, I really enjoyed it. The gameplay was smooth, and it was pretty fun. I could freak out about how awesome it is, but then I'd blurt out spoilers by accident, haha.
    Seeing all the TWEWY characters in 3D was fun too, haha.
    Flow-motion.~
    7/10
  5. soraninja

soraninja New Kid on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    8 coins
    I have kh3d Im now by young xehanort and its soooooooooo hard
    i am playing this game on ciritical

i have played kh1 and kh2 too
    ITS Awsoooooooooomeee
    [​IMG]
  6. Kyubey

Kyubey Trust Contracts. They never hurt you. Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    0 coins
    My reaction is blech. I didn't really like it, as the combos are highly restrained and the bosses are kind of boring. I think KH2 and BBS reigns superior KH DeDede. The only thing i truly enjoyed was the story. The story lets you in on small ni lets of the whole KH story
  7. WarioTails358

WarioTails358 Dedede that's the name you should know! Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    293 coins
    This two was my first kingdom hearts game (I played the others with my cousin who actually Owned every single game in the franchise much to my surprise) and I have to say, the bosses are well balance, the level design is eh kind of good despite how some were super short, there are a lot of spells in the game and tons of attacks which are fun for me, one of the modes i liked was that event where you pit your dreameaters against others to level them up and win points to use in exhcange for prizes and stuff. I like this game because of its wide use of different Disney worlds. (I think the tron world was a letdown though,)
  8. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files! Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    553 coins
    I really enjoyed the game, I didn't care for the dream creature pet part of it but overall it really added something to the story.
  9. Reece

Reece Guest

Play Coins:
    0 coins
    I only played the demo for this game, and it was pretty good. I always have this problem with these portable KH's though, I disliked the controls, I don't know why, but it seemed uncomfortable, aside from the controls the game looks pretty fun.
  10. sodajet

sodajet Work-life balance is hard Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    303 coins
    I remember playing the demo a long time ago and I can say the graphics were pretty nice. I remember being a bit confused in the demo, although that probably was just due to me being inattentive rather than it being a fault of the game. I might pick up the demo again to get a feel of what it was again, but I don't see myself buying it in the near future unless an opportunity arises.
  11. dxmaster

dxmaster Nintendo 3DS Addict Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    37 coins
    It's a great game, if you follow the series (start from Kingdom Hearts for PS2). I doubt people that don't follow the series can understand the story and maybe confused a little. The gameplay is completely different than The World Ends With You. On the other side the game is so fluid that every move look awesome and it told a great story. But the pet system is bad and the game camera looks terribly. I suggest you buy a gamepad pro for 3DS because the default camera is really bad to control without it.
  12. embracethedream

embracethedream New Kid on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    0 coins
    i have the same thoughts about this game as you do also some of the boss battles in the game really irritated me (young xehanort im looking at you):rage:
  13. Artisan

Artisan Still the strongest. Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    1,214 coins
    I like the overall gameplay and variety of the combos (when playing the demo version) and the story has gone so far as to give away spoilers stuff from KH3 perhaps. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this game if you've played previous ones but if you're really into the story and core mechanics of it maybe. It's not the best but probably not the worst.
  14. Chickenfoot

Chickenfoot Devourer of Cakes Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    9 coins
    It's a really good game, but if you decide to start the KH series with this, you'll probably have a hard time following the story well, and if you decide to play the previous games after this, you might find them lacking due to the new gameplay mechanics added in DDD. So, I'd personally recommend you try the other games before 3D.
  15. MysticFantasy

MysticFantasy The Miitopia Emblem Designer

Play Coins:
    250 coins
    I was the same it was the first 3ds game I bought and I'm a huge fan of it.
    Since I first got the game I decided that Dream drop distance was my favorite of the four kingdom hearts games ive played.
    I've played KH358/2, kh recoded, KH Chain of memories, and KH Dream Drop Distance.
    These games were all nice but in Dream Drop Distance the different things you can do and use are fun and extremely useful. For example Flowmotion it lets you get anywhere u can go on the map plus you can attack with it, that's why I think it's extremely useful.
    Another feature that's fun is Flick Rush I've succeeded in getting all the gold medals and have the highest rank possible its just difficult to do.
    It was a very fun game and would be even better if it he online multiplayer so u can play with your friends.
  16. KudakuHashimoto

KudakuHashimoto New Kid on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    0 coins
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! I read the manga and understand the story plot. The graphic are GREAT in 3D (MY Uncles hate becaues they cant see the screen) The story is sad but fun at the same time. Overall It's A FANTASTIC GAME!!!!!
  17. Link06

Link06 Pal 3DS XL Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    90 coins
    I like Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance it's very cool game! I love all worlds in the game!
    The Kingdom Hearts series is my favourite game! :D

[​IMG]

18. swagmastersans21

swagmastersans21 NintenPedia Member Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    3 coins
    I have play it i loved it great way to end it for the upcoming kingdom hearts 3. i also liked the ending for it it was very surprising we now know another guardian of light.