Kingdom Hearts: Melody Of Memory confirmed for the west

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
It's about time a Kingdom Hearts game came to the Nintendo Switch. Although I'm not sure if this is one you'd be hoping for, Kingdom Hearts: Melody Of Memory has been confirmed to make its way to the west on the Nintendo Switch.

It's a rhythm-action game with over 140 musical tracks and 20 characters from the Kingdom Hearts series.

A little more from the press release:
KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory provides fans with an unmissable opportunity to relive their favorite moments like never before. Players will journey through iconic Disney worlds, and join forces with recognizable Disney characters whilst enjoying unforgettable KINGDOM HEARTS series music, alongside timeless tracks from Disney’s cinematic classics. Alongside the engaging single-player content, KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory invites players to enjoy unforgettable melodies together with online* multiplayer for even more of a challenge.

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Announcement Trailer:

What do you think about the game so far? Are you excited and/or considering picking it up when it comes to the Switch? Are you satisfied that there's a Kingdom Hearts game for the Switch now or do you want to see the main games?

Reactions: Deepak
For a low price, maybe. Regardless, this doing well will help in getting the main games released on Switch.

Regardless, this doing well will help in getting the main games released on Switch.
Idk about that. @Sky might come in and gangster you about why the Switch can't properly run one of the latest KH games :monkey:

Reactions: Prime
Idk about that. @Sky might come in and gangster you about why the Switch can't properly run one of the latest KH games :monkey:

marc I've literally only said that about a couple games lmao. Kindgom hearts main series would run, but it's gonna have a hell of a time ripping the series from Sony's cold hands.

As for this game, it looks a bit easy ngl. Rhythm games on console also always worry me since it wont have custom music meaning it'll be limited to whatever is in the game officially, often that means a tiny amount in the base game, and far too many DLCs containing a couple songs each :/

I'll have to see when it comes out and weigh up how many songs with the price and difficulty, etc. But idk. It'll probably be a pass for me.

Reactions: Marc
im not againts a kingdom hearts musical game...¿but why only this one and not the rest on the switch?

Doesn't look bad. 1 KH game for Switch is better than none and I'm a sucker for anything online but will it work with my terrible internet. :redpanda: 140 tracks seems a bit high to me when I think only a select handful I really like so basically it means every track and hopefully some that are altered to make them sound like from the game they came from like say GBA CoM.

It's about time a Kingdom Hearts game came to the Nintendo Switch. Although I'm not sure if this is one you'd be hoping for, Kingdom Hearts: Melody Of Memory has been confirmed to make its way to the west on the Nintendo Switch.

It's a rhythm-action game with over 140 musical tracks and 20 characters from the Kingdom Hearts series.

A little more from the press release:

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Announcement Trailer:

What do you think about the game so far? Are you excited and/or considering picking it up when it comes to the Switch? Are you satisfied that there's a Kingdom Hearts game for the Switch now or do you want to see the main games?
It looks fun ngl and it seems like something worth buying. But whats the price? If it's 60 bucks than i probably wont buy it. 30-40 bucks seems like a good price for a game like that. And also #soraforsmash

I find it weird that this rhythm action spinoff contains important plot elements for the rest of the series. But it's Kingdom Hearts in 2020, anything can happen

I find it weird that this rhythm action spinoff contains important plot elements for the rest of the series. But it's Kingdom Hearts in 2020, anything can happen

Kingdom hearts has always done this kind thing though. They put incredibly important plot elements into a terrible free to play mobile game as well lmao.

My head hurts just thinking about the plot

My head hurts just thinking about the plot

Not even the devs know their own plot (literally), so don't feel bad lmao.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Not even the devs know their own plot (literally), so don't feel bad lmao.
I wonder what next weird shenanigans the Kingdom Hearts series is gonna do next

I'm hearing a demo is out now. Has anyone tried it yet? :eyes:

Really? Oh. I'll try it out today then.

Reactions: Marc
Interesting. I’ll have to check it out.

dance dance revolution thebparts where thise types of games have the action icons scroll down from diffrent sections , this game has that but the characters are on that board rather than nothing at all.
it looks like a neat take on that and its cool for kingdom hearts series to be on a nintendo switch.
it is a small start but a good forst step.
a easy to approach and fun looking rythm kingdom hearts game.

I saw a little gameplay of it. Basically online is a test of if you can memorize the song and the actions for it. There is an alternate mode online that hides notes via tricks. A sort of combo meter powers it. I never looked into the story yet because I really don't want it spoiled but it has a lot of good tracks and a few from Disney of course which may or may not be a deal breaker for me. At least it has "You Got A Friend In Me" because I grew up watching Toy Story.

Back