Kirby’s extra epic yarn

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
So this is pretty late, but I’m the 9/13 direct we got some news about a new Kirby game which for the 3ds, it seems to be similar to Kirby’s epic yarn, with all the old levels plus some new features, I’ll try and post all the new features we saw below.

New abilities

Craft bigger yarn balls out of smaller ones.

Fly threw the sky with new powerup.

devilish mode
This mode seems to have a bat that moves fast and constantly drops bombs or spikes on you.

new minigames
So apparently on some of the minigames you can play as new characters like meta knight and king dedede.

It's been a while after playing Kirby's Epic Yarn in my Wii, and being able to play it again on 3DS is pretty neat! I'll look forward into it :) Btw, it seems that Nintendo site confirms that this game will be only for New 2DS/3DS systems though.

Reactions: AricAttack
I am looking forward to this as I never played a kirby game in the wii, so thisnport of the wii game is right up my alley!

I’m really suprised thst this is new 3ds exclusive (unless the nintendo website has a mistake) and the yoshi wii u port to 3ds wasn’t new 3ds exclusive. Either way I have a new 3ds so I’ll pick it up but I am surprised Nintendo did not mention this during the direct.

Devilish mode adds a health bar, so i might keep a eye on the game to see if people like devilish mode, because the original game was way too for kids for me.

Kirby Epic Yarn is a really underrated Kirby game imo, so I'm excited for people to give it a chance again with a better controller

Interested on the bat mode, but being difficult never was Epic Yarn main strength

I am looking forward to this as I never played a kirby game in the wii, so thisnport of the wii game is right up my alley!

I’m really suprised thst this is new 3ds exclusive (unless the nintendo website has a mistake) and the yoshi wii u port to 3ds wasn’t new 3ds exclusive. Either way I have a new 3ds so I’ll pick it up but I am surprised Nintendo did not mention this during the direct.
Nope it is for both New 3DS/2DS and old 3ds/2ds. Thats good cuz I have an old one

Reactions: Starry Windy and Duffy
Nope it is for both New 3DS/2DS and old 3ds/2ds. Thats good cuz I have an old one
Yea they corrected the website after I posted that. Definitely a weird situation all around.

Reactions: Starry Windy and AricAttack
Yea they corrected the website after I posted that. Definitely a weird situation all around.
Agreed. The Direct did says that it's for all 3DS systems, after all. This makes me wonder if Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn was made for New 3DS in the first place, but later on they are told to make it compatible with old 3DS as well.

Reactions: Duffy and AricAttack
Of all the games they could port to 3DS, I wasn’t expecting this one. :0

Interesting that they chose this game. Although, I was completely expecting a port for the 3DS in the Direct. They’ve been doing so many recently, with Poochy and Yoshi’s Woolley World, Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, Luigi’s Mansion 3DS, and so on. On the bright side, I’ve never played this game, so I might check it out.

Of all the games they could port to 3DS, I wasn’t expecting this one. :0

Interesting that they chose this game. Although, I was completely expecting a port for the 3DS in the Direct. They’ve been doing so many recently, with Poochy and Yoshi’s Woolley World, Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, Luigi’s Mansion 3DS, and so on. On the bright side, I’ve never played this game, so I might check it out.
I may or may not. The game does look miles better than the Wii version, but idk if it is worth the 50 dollars (is it 50?).

Back