Kirby Fighters 2 leaked on the Play Nintendo website

• Thread starter James
  • Start date
James

James

That Zeraora guy
Towns Folk
So, some of you might remember Kirby Fighters, right? The minigame in Kirby: Triple Deluxe that got it's own standalone 3DS eShop title? Well, we now know there's a sequel coming to the Nintendo Switch, thanks to Nintendo doing the usual - accidentally leaking things.
In the 'Game Finder' section of the official Play Nintendo site, a listing for 'Kirby Fighters 2' leaked:

kirb.jpg

The listing's still up as of right now, so you can go on the Play Nintendo site and try and find it in the Game Finder section. If you click on the listing though, you'll be directed to a currently unavailable page.

Are you excited? Or not? Are you gonna get the game whenever it releases on the Switch for $20?

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc and Deepak

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku, James and Agentperson
I feel like they could have just made the different kirbys into alternate costumes for Kirby in Smash Ultimate. It looks way too much like Smash to me. I don’t really see a need for a game like this when Kirby and DeDeDe are already in another, likely far superior fighting game. Even if it’s cheaper, it’s an obvious cash grab that will of course succeed because people love being irresponsible with their money.

I agree with gram. This looks too much like smash bros for me. Would this game be fun? Probably yes. But i would recommend people to spend $40 more to buy smash bros instead. This could've worked really well as a free to play game tbh like super kirby clash.

Reactions: Gram
Even if it’s cheaper, it’s an obvious cash grab that will of course succeed because people love being irresponsible with their money.
Luckily for me, I was already irresponsible BEFORE it dropped. So I don't even have the money to be irresponsible now.. xD

Loving the new Smash game. AnywAY this looks really cool, and fun to play with friends, kinda like Super Kirby Clash Multiplayer :panda: So yea, I noticed some similarities with Super Smash Bros. Like Items, Stage Elements, Bandana Waddle Dee as a playable characters. The works.

This looks like a fun little game to play a few rounds with friends on, HOWEVER, I do still see it being largely overshadowed by Super Smash Bros, even at 1/3 of the price. Smash Bros. Ultimate has a fully-fledged story mode, and more diverse cast of characters, really good physics. Pretty much everything this game has! Even the playable characters! (except for the copy abilities.) I can name four characters from this game that is playable in Smash! Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee! So I don't really know who their audience is for this game. For fighting game enthusiasts, you have a much much better deal with Smash, for Kirby enthusiasts, you can spend hours upon hours on Kirby Star Allies and Super Kirby Clash, they even said it in the video!

on a side note, one of the comments (on the copy compendium YT video) regarding wrestler kirby was that his "back breaker" move wouldn't be effective, since they don't have bones.......WELL

Reactions: James
Luckily for me, I was already irresponsible BEFORE it dropped. So I don't even have the money to be irresponsible now.. xD
That's called being responsibly irresponsible

Reactions: James and Jisenku
Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Hmmmm, this looks interesting.

I don't know a whole lot about this new game, but it looks fun, considering I had a blast with Kirby Fighters Deluxe back on the 3DS. I might give this one a whirl when it releases, but only time will tell.

Hmmmm, this looks interesting.

I don't know a whole lot about this new game, but it looks fun, considering I had a blast with Kirby Fighters Deluxe back on the 3DS. I might give this one a whirl when it releases, but only time will tell.
"when it releases"

It's out now.

I still say that Kirby shouldn't have bones

Muscles? yes
Bones? no
Muscles??? :bag:

Muscles??? :bag:
Yes, because you can have muscles without bones, I mean like not beefy, just regular muscular tissue

I wrote a review for Kirby Fighters 2 here: https://nintenpedia.com/kirby-fighters-2-review/

Verdict: It’s a surprisingly great game for the price. Lots of different character types to use and a huge amount of nostalgia from the stages and music. Fighting is tight, even if the pace isn’t as brisk as Smash Bros.

Reactions: Jisenku
A demo is now available on the Nintendo e-shop!! Only Sword, Bomb, Staff, and Bandana Waddle Dee are available to play tho...but I think it should still give us a good idea of how the gameplay feels. Seems like online play is also available in the demo, so it's definitely worth checking out!

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku, Artisan and Marc
Back