Latin America + Caribbean Eshop Shutdown

• Thread starter ShineCat
  • Start date
ShineCat

ShineCat

Shiny Hunter and Stella Glow fanatic ☆
Towns Folk
in Latin America and the Caribbean The Eshop on Nintendo 3DS and WiiU will be shuting down on July 31st 2020

you will no longer be able to redownload games, enter game codes, or purchase new games
it is suggested the you do these things ahead of time, before July 31st

This was posted on Nintendo Life website

so: Whoever lives in those places better start getting your games soon!

i asssme it will eventually shut down everywhere, but for now, it seems to only be doing so in areas where the Gaming and Eshop is 'Less Popular'

(not sure if this was posted somewhere already.. also if this is on the wrong forum, admins plz move it to the right place lol)

The eshop in those countries where not "normal" eshops, they where limited ones. Mexico and Brazil are not affected by these closures because they have full eshops. I don't think it has anything to do with the eshops being "less popular" more so I don't think people where actually able to use them fully, to buy games and such, so the cost of keeping up the servers probably started to outweigh the usefulness of it.

I don't think this is a sign that other countries will follow suit soon, I think it'll be quite a while longer until then.

Caribbean eshop shutting down???:eyes:
I think this applies to you??? @Marc

Caribbean eshop shutting down???:eyes:
I use the US eShop so it doesn't affect me.

Reactions: Jisenku and Deepak
The eshop in those countries where not "normal" eshops, they where limited ones.
I don't think this is a sign that other countries will follow suit soon, I think it'll be quite a while longer until then

limited eshop? never heard of such a thing..

limited eshop? never heard of such a thing. like

Nintendo isn't officially supported in all countries, @Marc can probably explain that a bit further.

Also i hope your right about it not happening elcewhere for awile!
i seen lots of people saying the 3ds 'is dying'.. i dont think it myself as so many people still play online alot, even on older releases on the 3ds such a Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X for example.
i find online trades + battles almost emediatly, and i see tons of people racing online ig still.
though... with so many opinions around me that think its dying, its hard to not wonder at the possiblity, no matter how i think otherwise..

and wow.. thats kinda weird also also sad. it should be everywhere, as gaming is global..

i seen lots of people saying the 3ds 'is dying'.. i dont think it myself as so many people still play online alot, even on older releases on the 3ds such a Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X for example.

Well there was still multiple 3ds games released last year, including first party games! Normally it's a few years after first party games stop that support starts to slow down. I think there's been a few 3rd party games this year too, but the world burning has kinda put a stopper on all that honestly. I'd think the wii u would end up being shut down sooner then the 3ds imo.

Well there was still multiple 3ds games released last year, including first party games! Normally it's a few years after first party games stop that support starts to slow down. I think there's been a few 3rd party games this year too, but the world burning has kinda put a stopper on all that honestly. I'd think the wii u would end up being shut down sooner then the 3ds imo.
The wii u technically died the day it released.

The wii u technically died the day it released.

Hey, I liked it :c

Reactions: Deepak
Hey, I liked it :c
you liked the wii u or the games? i never said the games were bad.

you liked the wii u or the games? i never said the games were bad.

Both, console was fun and there was some great games on it. Though this isn't a discussion for on here :p

• Informative
well thank god that support will still go on for awile. i was hoping so.
also @Deepak at home we got a limited? Legend of Zelda Wiiu. its ver sleek looking ;D
but yeah @Sky your right, this thread for 3ds eshop + support on 3ds maybe? shuting down. so a little of topic, but honesly if topic stay mostly related to topic, i dont mind :p

well thank god that support will still go on for awile. i was hoping so.
also @Deepak at home we got a limited? Legend of Zelda Wiiu. its ver sleek looking ;D
but yeah @Sky your right, this thread for 3ds eshop + support on 3ds maybe? shuting down. so a little of topic, but honesly if topic stay mostly related to topic, i dont mind :p
Im not hating on the wii u. But it does have some problems and had a really bad launch. But that doesnt mean that i would say no if my parents wanted to buy me a wii u randomly (never gonna happen tho)

@Deepak
oh no, i didn't think you were lol.
honestly i didnt really play on it much, but yeah i agree it did have its share of problems, every system does..
and heh . i wouldent say no to 1 ether lol. Especially if im not paying. :p

This is kinda saddening and scary cause this means they could be shutting down for America, Europe, or japan soon to. We don't know yet but it could happen soon and we don't even know it. If the wii u servers shut down completely i'm gonna cry.

Back