Launch party stories

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
sometimes there is a game, and it looks really good, so you decide you want to play it as soon as possible. This usually results in some fun stories. Feel free to post some here, and this is my mario kart 8 story.
Mario kart 8 is one of the only games i stayed up past midnight to play. Me and my bro stayed up watching mission impossible (slowing the download significantly id bet) and when it was downloaded all the way we played all the new courses and almost played the returning courses because they look soo good but it was 3:50 so we decided to sleep. I don’t think i ever fell asleep.

Never had a launch party, but I had a good case of insomnia on the night before Pokemon X/Y came out.

Reactions: luigiFTW
Used to get so hyped up when a new Skylanders game was released, so much so that I recall overheating my Xbox after Giants came out and turning it into a glitchy mess. Kind of embarrassing how enthusiastic I was about those poor quality, overpriced games. Nonetheless, I was always hyped for them, would always buy whatever plastic junk they threw my way.

After the first game, which I got at Christmas, I made a habit of playing every game on the day of release. Think I might've done so with every other game around the 3DS era but now I haven't done that for years. Tend to play games a little while after their release, now, so I'll likely have no launch stories for years to come, if ever again.

I was never at the store when a game launched or if I was it was one I wasn't interested in. It's pretty disappointing for me but in general I'm not upset about getting it later when it has a good sale. Besides the game could be buggy. Multiplayer games though might get to me more because I know someone out there got the game on launch day and can demolish me any time I go online unless I play the entirety of the game. Pokemon is more of an exception because trading is really useful.

Back