Layton's Mystery Journey real world puzzle launched for upcoming game.

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
For anyone who knows about the new Professor Layton game, it was originally going to be called "Lady Layton", now it's going to be called "Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy" and shall feature a new character, the Professor's daughter.

To celebrate this launching soon, Level-5 has partnered with SCRAP to create a "real world puzzle solving campaign". For this, the countries that are apparently going to be used are UK, USA, Japan, South Korea and Australia.

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-l...real-world-puzzle-solving-campaign-announced/

Any items you get in this also looks like it can be transferred over to the game when it's released!

To start the puzzles, go to layton.world you don't have to do the real life part so far to do the puzzles.

The puzzle currently for RL is locked for the next 60 hours. This is the picture given for the location:

c4stLGi.png

It's to be believed that it's in Japan since GMT+9 is the Japanese timezone.
EDIT: Just found out that it's Shibuya 109 in Tokyo.

Good luck all and happy puzzling ;D

Last edited:
That is awesome! ...But I live in none of those countries and I have never played a professor Layton game before. Oh well. To all those that are lucky enough to live in the right country and be fan of the franchise this is a very awesome day. ;)

That is awesome! ...But I live in none of those countries and I have never played a professor Layton game before. Oh well. To all those that are lucky enough to live in the right country and be fan of the franchise this is a very awesome day. ;)

You don't have to be in those countries in order to be able to play \o/ And anyway, it looks like there's online going to be 50 puzzles tied to those locations, otherwise, all the other puzzles you can do by yourself :D For the RL puzzles, it's 100% going to be posted online, and if I can find out about what was at those locations I'll be posting them here for anyone to take a look at if they can't get to the locations.

Reactions: PersonSP
I saw this and immediately hopped over there. It incredibly fun so far. I hope I do well.

I've never done puzzle challenges like this before, as I've always been to late or didn't know enough about the series it was promoting. I'm a huge Professor Layton fan, and ave beaten all of the ds games, and his crossover game. (The movie was great too.) I'm just glad I know about it and got to it on time. This is going to be awesome. :D

I saw this and immediately hopped over there. It incredibly fun so far. I hope I do well.

I've never done puzzle challenges like this before, as I've always been to late or didn't know enough about the series it was promoting. I'm a huge Professor Layton fan, and ave beaten all of the ds games, and his crossover game. (The movie was great too.) I'm just glad I know about it and got to it on time. This is going to be awesome. :D

Yup! I had massive fun doing the 3 there so far, the second one was quite difficult, but I think I've earnt some bragging rights with these times lol:

5Ezi8yu.png

ggcqGZx.png

Last edited:
Nice! The second one was super hard. It didn't help that It took me forever to realize the numbers at the top were links to the puzzle. >_> once I figured that out it was a lot easier, but still hard to get the final answer from it.

Somebody has already solved 46/50 puzzles somehow. I don't even know how that's possible without cheating. The future puzzles aren't even available yet.

Nice! The second one was super hard. It didn't help that It took me forever to realize the numbers at the top were links to the puzzle. >_> once I figured that out it was a lot easier, but still hard to get the final answer from it.

Somebody has already solved 46/50 puzzles somehow. I don't even know how that's possible without cheating. The future puzzles aren't even available yet.

Yeah, there's some cheaters now. All they've done is faked their leader board, there's 0 way of them actually completing the puzzles. But yeah, for the second one apparently the 3rd hint gives you all you need to know, I forgot hints where a thing in that, only remembered about them after I finished the 3 xD

Yeah. The third hint basically negates the need to do the puzzle, which is kinda why I'm bummed I bought it. I didn't need too, and it didn't even help me solve the puzzle.

Quick question. If you are interested and comfortable, what is your handle on twitter. I want to find you so we can help each other with the upcoming puzzles. I know a couple other people on there who I am working together with, and it would be nice to have them all in one place. If you aren't interested that's fine too.

Yeah. The third hint basically negates the need to do the puzzle, which is kinda why I'm bummed I bought it. I didn't need too, and it didn't even help me solve the puzzle.

Quick question. If you are interested and comfortable, what is your handle on twitter. I want to find you so we can help each other with the upcoming puzzles. I know a couple other people on there who I am working together with, and it would be nice to have them all in one place. If you aren't interested that's fine too.

My handle is skylarkblue1, but I'm just about to go on holiday so I wont be able to do much for the next couple of weeks lol :p

That's fine. I'd love to work together when you get back. :) I'm @TribstyAnn same as my username here.

Reactions: 28142
I can't wait for the game as well! *Jumps on the hype train* Bring me more Layton or at the very least his daughter...

HzoyTKI.png
so this is one thing a friend pointed out to me. Story seems to be interesting...

Anyway, this ARG seems to be shaping up to be great :D So many things able to be transferred to the game when it comes out, as well as so many puzzles across the world!

@TribstyAnn How are you doing with this? :p

I'm doing great. Most of the puzzles are super easy. They kind of have to be since no instructions are given besides the puzzle itself, and they have to work in multiple languages.

It's still really fun though, and I'm having a blast doing it. How are you doing on it?

I'm still slowly catching up :p I'm just waiting for something close to me so I can go to it myself \o/ The Translayton thing is really handy though since so many people post pictures of the clues on there

Reactions: TribstyAnn
True! I don't know if any puzzle will appear near me, but it would be super cool if they did. It's also nice that people post pictures of the puzzles. I wouldn't be able to solve them without it.

There's loads of puzzles left, and I don't know what country you're in, but there's loads of places it is. I just hope that it's not just London for here since I don't think I'll be allowed to go there..

There's loads of puzzles left, and I don't know what country you're in, but there's loads of places it is. I just hope that it's not just London for here since I don't think I'll be allowed to go there..

Lol, the first one for Britain is in London, but I'm going on the last day (today) that it's up so it's great :D

The puzzles are starting to get harder now and the game is officially out for iOS and Android now! Unfortuntly there has been a couple of puzzles where it's been harder to solve the puzzle because of the type of puzzle it was, it would have been easier to solve it in-person. But otherwise, I've at least been having a lot of fun with it ^.^

Reactions: TribstyAnn
Back