XBox Leaked new Xbox controller

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
So a leaked image of Microsoft's new Xbox controller has leaked online. The aim is to provide the Xbox gamer with a controller for more accessibility.

The A and B pads are too huge for my taste but I'd at least like to try it before giving final judgement.

DdKlwbfXcAAUTdo.jpg

The Verge said:
The leaked image shows what looks like programmable A and B pads, with a three-light LED indicator that we first saw on the second-generation Xbox One Elite controller leak. There are also a variety of inputs at the top that will presumably be used to connect other devices to map Xbox functions to. The controller, codenamed Project Z, also appears to include a headphone jack and USB port. The USB port will likely help accessibility users program the controller for use with Xbox One games or apps.
Source: https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/14/17352050/microsoft-xbox-one-accessibility-controller-leak-rumors

What do you think? :eyes2:

Reactions: Samster
What is this garbage. I think this might be fake. An xbox controller with only two buttons and a dpad? Its like its a nes controller. Is this for old people so they don’t get confused with too many buttons when playing games that only require the two buttons?
Edit: these are more special pads than they look, arn’t they?

This is for accessability. The huge buttons aren’t supposed to look nice, etc. they are supposed to be easily functionable. And if they are I think this controller will be alright.

That really looks like a DJ turntable :lapras:

Jokes aside, from the pic, it appears to be pretty big - Kinda like tablet size. The design is pretty neat, though. It's good that they're considering gamers with additional needs. I think it would be nice if it was available in a few colours, though. This also looks pretty expensive which might be a slight downside and put off some potential buyers.

If anyone hasn't seen this btw:

Reactions: Mikaya and Marc
Woah. I had no idea why this existed. Props to xbox for doing this. Usually a 3rd party has to make controllers like this, but they did it themselves.

Back