Phoenix Wright Least Favorite Ace Attorney Character?

• Thread starter tin77
  • Start date
tin77

tin77

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Seeing as there is a post on favorite characters right next to mine, I thought I'd ask a question on the more negative side of things.

There's a lot of diversity in the characters of Ace Attorney series, all having some sort of gimmick or strange personality trait to them, but which one did you guys not enjoy? I'm sure there has to be a character you hate in there somewhere.

Mine's probably Atmey, and I know this was probably intentional, but I couldn't stand it whenever he was around in the Stolen Turnabout. He just bugged me, and not even a fun way like with some other Phoenix Wright characters. To me, he was probably the most annoying and weakest character.

So, what characters did you hate?

I've only played the first one, and quite recently. So I'll say Officer Meekins. Hated how the screen flashed white rapidly every time he shouted, trying to blind me. He annoyed me so much I actually wanted him judged Guilty.

Prosecutor Payne is definitely my least favorite :p I'm not sure how many games he appeared as the prosecutor for the first case but he's really cheap. Plus the way he smirks is quite annoying. All the other prosecutors in the Ace Attorney series were awesome except for this guy xD

Francisca Von Karma is my least favorite Ace Attorney character because her character in a nutshell is, I can hit anyone I want with a whip and get away with it.

I realize most people have they're own preferences to Character styles but I generally like all the Ace Attorney characters. There are some people in the games who are hard not to have some sort dislike towards. The one character I simply can't stand in AA is the owner of Tres Bien whom I did not even bother to remember the name of. A close second would most likely be Prosecutor Payne because of his ear-piercing objection and his typical "I can totally annihilate any foe who dares to oppose me" cocky persona. :/[/QUOTE]

Spark Brushel. Not because he's a terrible person or whatever. He's just annoying, and his character design is hideous. All the characters mentioned above I can still sort of respect because they seemed to at least have a reason for being there, and get a few good lines and reactions out of the other characters - but I could never figure out the reason for Brushel being there, despite being an eyesore. And everyone in the game acknowledges it too.

(..and the choking smell of mint...:dead: )

Larry Butz. He doesn't have the best attitude or make the best choices, like at all lol. His attempts at wooing the ladies are also cringe-worthy. xP

Wocky Kitaki I Don't Wanna Defend This Bratty Cat Kid! Then Again i didn't want to defend anyone that wasn't phoenix in Apollo justice XP

Morgan Fey
Morgan Fey
Morgan Fey
Morgan Fey
Morgan Fey

Morgan Freacking Fey

Honestly, out of all the usual hated characters, (ex. Von karmas, dahlia, etc.) they are not my least favorite due to how well written they are. As for my least favorite character, i cant decide between luke atmey from the theft case and armstrong from the cafe case. There are other candidates such as Ron, the defendant of the theft case and others, but these two are the top two. If i had to choose one and was forced by gunpoint, i would choose Luke Atmey. Here is why, his ego, his attempt to get away with murder was extremely faulty, the entire time as i was proving he was the thief of the jar, in the back of my head i knew that something was up, considering the fact that in every case on ace attorney, there is a dead person and i knew it couldn't of been just theft. Also, the one day in court "not guilty" was a big red flag for me. Even though finding the right evidence to prove atmey guilty, it was obvious the whole time, he was a major prick, even more than the von karmas, and to top it off, gumshoe is honestly a better detective than him. This is why i choose atmey as my least favorite character in the phoenix wright ace attorney trilogy. I have not played AJ, DD, or the miles edgeworth: investigation games so characters in those are not factored in for this.

My least favourite character ( and the judges too) is probably Moe Curls. I just hated that guy. He was supposed to be annoying but in my opinion it was just a bit over the top. The circus case was my least favourite case in the whole ace attorney series (haven't played the Great Ace attorney yet) and Moe is one major reason for that.

Lotta Hart who has no Hart pun intended. A big-mouth reporter who just craves for fame and attention. She even appear to bug Edgeworth in the not localized Miles Edgeworth investigation. A nuisance as always

You know, I never really thought about it because for the most part the characters are usually solid and even the baddies are good in that tricky "I'm trying to evade my crimes" way. Then I remembered there's one single case I hate above all others: Turnabout Big Top. And the berry big reason why?

latest

Lawrence. "Moe". Curls.

Before you attempt to read my mind and go "Ah, you hate clowns, don't you?", wait just a moment. I don't mind clowns, they're fine in my book (unless we're talking the ones that have been chasing people around in the news lately.) No, Moe is hated because he's simply a cringe-inducing, bad clown. There's also his what I could only describe best as a "tantrum" in the courtroom and basically being very immature about the whole thing, even moreso than the Ace Attorney standard.

I've only played the first one, and quite recently. So I'll say Officer Meekins. Hated how the screen flashed white rapidly every time he shouted, trying to blind me. He annoyed me so much I actually wanted him judged Guilty.

Apparently he's actually damaged peoples speakers...

I hate Redd White with a burning passion for killing Mia.
I also hate Yanni Yogi (although my hatred turned to sympathy later).
I hate Robert Hammond for ruining Yogi's life.
Mike Meekins wasn't even that annoying imo, but Angel Starr took the cake for having one of the most confusing testimonies ever.
Florent L'belle is a bit of a dick.

Back