Legend of Legacy

• Thread starter EpicR
  • Start date
EpicR

EpicR

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hey Guys!

I was wondering if anyone has their eyes on Legend of Legacy. I was tempted to pre-order this before. Luckily they released a demo that gave me just enough of a push to pre-order the game (main reason was that the pre-order bonus has an artbook which seemed awesome!). I'm pretty excited for this game now even though it seems like the story, from what I've heard, is almost non-resistant.

Anyone excited for this game? Anyone else tempted?

Also, what are your thoughts on the Demo?

Kinda hard one. Just like SaGa games, for instance. But I couldn't feel the premise at all.

Maybe they're right about The Legend of Legacy, which is more into exploration (in comparison to Etrian Odyssey series) rather than having a great storyline (see Bravely Default, for example).

Masato Kato, where are you ;A;

Before I even think about downloading the demo, is it anything like Bravely Default or Final Fantasy or something?

Hmmm... the only similarities between Bravely Default and Legend of Legacy that I can see is the art style. The fighting system seems quite different and the level up system is very different (random stat level up every battle). I actually never played any final fantasy games but I am willing to bet it is pretty different. There is also a story as thin a a piece of paper but it's pretty cool to explore areas and dungeons.

From what I hear, this is a SaGa successor, a game I never played before that focuses more on exploration than story.

Feel free to try out the demo though. It's the first chunk of the game instead of a gameplay sample.

Reactions: Marc
This game definitely reminds me of Bravely Default a little bit. It's different from other RPG/JRPG games I played though. The thought of having my party increasing their attacks and their moves during and after battle give me a wonderful sense of character progression. The game isn't bad. It gives me the vibe of playing Bravely Default and Final Fantasy III and so far is the second Atlus game I've played and like, the other being Conception II. Definitely a game I would purchase. I'm doing as much grinding I can do in the demo.

Actually, now that I've put a lot more time into the demo, I have to say that I have to take points off because of how rare it is to get money, a common currency, in the game. I feel like I have to battle more than 10 enemy squads to earn 100 St. For the past two days, I've been grinding the Cat Territory finding squads of Shadowcats to get Silver Claws so I can get some St. for the special items. Bravely Default's looking a bit better than this game to me now.

I can't really judge the system completely yet but i think the main source of money is selling dungeon maps. We are only limited to 2 dungeons so it's pretty darn hard to get money but it should be easier in the actual game.

Gotta admit though, bravely default was an awesome game and much better than legend of legacy so far for me but it's hard to say when the game hasn't come out yet and I haven't really bothered to research this game much.

The battle reward system sure is a bummer though. with no guaranteed level ups or drops, it's difficult to measure any progress if any at all.

I've been playing for about 2 hours as the Fri prince and its been pretty fun so far. I like the elemental system. It does something different than the average JRPG. Although I wouldn't preorder this one. I'd say if you have the extra cash and you don't like Bravely Default then get this. If not I'd say not to bother with it until you get bored and need a new game to play.

Back