Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D speculation

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Since Majora's mask appears in Ravio's house, I think that majora's Mask is almost now fully confirmed. They could use the game engine from Ocarina Of Time 3D and improve/port it and make majora's mask 3D on the 3DS. Miyamoto answered to his fans asking about Majoras Mask being remade for the 3DS: Play Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds and you might get an answer about it.
What do you guys think? Am I right or is that Mask merely an Easter Egg? i would love to hear your thoughts.
I havent played the original more than the Bubble magic power part, so I would really love to buy it if it comes out sometime soon.

Since Majora's mask appears in Ravio's house, I think that majora's Mask is almost now fully confirmed. They could use the game engine from Ocarina Of Time 3D and improve/port it and make majora's mask 3D on the 3DS. Miyamoto answered to his fans asking about Majoras Mask being remade for the 3DS: Play Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds and you might get an answer about it.
What do you guys think? Am I right or is that Mask merely an Easter Egg? i would love to hear your thoughts.
I havent played the original more than the Bubble magic power part, so I would really love to buy it if it comes out sometime soon.
I wouldn't count on Majora's Mask appearing in Ravio's house guaranteeing that it's confirmed. GameFreak has put Hoenn references for who knows how long now but we haven't seen Hoenn remakes yet. I think it may be an Easter Egg.

As for the game engine, yeah I could definitely see it being a good one for the 3DS.

The majora's mask in the game is just a big tease, it could mean something and it may not. Only time will tell.

Reactions: Kaynil
Something else we need to also consider is the (not so) recent reveal of skull kid as an assist trophy in SSB4. Kinda leads away from a game cause if they were going to promote MM 3D/U wouldnt it make sense to make him a playable character

Perhaps yes, it is possible that we might get a MM3D/U with the engine of OoT3D.
The controls would be same, since they mapped the N64 controls to fit the 3DS for the OoT3D.

But we need confirmation for it. Of course it looks good, but we have to wait for the E3 and (possibly) Reggie Fils-Aime to reveal/clear that rumor.

Something else we need to also consider is the (not so) recent reveal of skull kid as an assist trophy in SSB4. Kinda leads away from a game cause if they were going to promote MM 3D/U wouldnt it make sense to make him a playable character
Not necessarily true given that we've already got quite a few Zelda characters in the game. Adding in the scarecrow kid with Majora's Mask on would feel like a bit of a filler character. The Assist Trophy if anything hints that they may be considering it

I have a feeling that if Wii U sales are poor in 2014 they'll make the game for it instead. Plus I would rather it be on Wii U...:oops:

I have a feeling that if Wii U sales are poor in 2014 they'll make the game for it instead. Plus I would rather it be on Wii U...:oops:
I can see why you'd think that but I could also see them choosing to make a Majora's Mask HD remake if the Wii U gains more momentum. I feel that it's possible to argue both ways on this one.

Reactions: BjFauble
Probably not! We already got Wind Waker HD. So we would have to for a fair bit after Zelda U to get it.

Probably not! We already got Wind Waker HD. So we would have to for a fair bit after Zelda U to get it.

Not necessarily. The Wii U is doing terrible and Nintendo may have to do stuff like this to save it. Besides, the 3DS already has a solid 2014 lineup...

Not necessarily. The Wii U is doing terrible and Nintendo may have to do stuff like this to save it. Besides, the 3DS already has a solid 2014 lineup...
To that I say... Cross your fingers and hope for both! That seems like a good Idea. And make it like MH3 With a save file mover for the two

Yeah I agree everyone wants nintendo to make a majoras mask remake so if nintendo made it for the wii , everyone would be rushing to the nearest gamestop to buy a wii u with the remake.

I wouldn't mind seeing Majoras Mask remade, and could see it coming out for 3DS or Wii U. I have a feeling that if it did, the 3 day structure would be tweaked. Wind Waker HD showed us that Nintendo takes complaints to heart (altering the sailing parts) and I think MM had even more complaints about the whole 3 day thing than WW ever did with sailing.

I wouldn't mind seeing Majoras Mask remade, and could see it coming out for 3DS or Wii U. I have a feeling that if it did, the 3 day structure would be tweaked. Wind Waker HD showed us that Nintendo takes complaints to heart (altering the sailing parts) and I think MM had even more complaints about the whole 3 day thing than WW ever did with sailing.

Originally, as the game was planned for the N64 Disk Drive, the game was supposed to last 7 Days.
Interestingly, the 7 days limit was found on the Zelda Collector's Edition Disk for the Gamecube by messing up with an Action Replay/or hacking with a special cable.

I remember that I saw it on Youtube. So a 7 Day Limit is plausible, though I think that Nintendo might port the game "as is", and not mess with the game's mechanics.

I don't think the 3 day thing could be tweaked without changing the overall feel of the game entirely. A lot of the game's theme rested on the fact that the impending doom was coming really fast and a lot was happening everywhere during each hour in the 3 days. Increasing the limit would make a lot of it seem like filler and could actually require a lot more work

I don't think the 3 day thing could be tweaked without changing the overall feel of the game entirely. A lot of the game's theme rested on the fact that the impending doom was coming really fast and a lot was happening everywhere during each hour in the 3 days. Increasing the limit would make a lot of it seem like filler and could actually require a lot more work

But it can largely extend the game's story... If I remember where I saw the 7 Days limit, it showed that during the 4th Day, there were two NPCs supposed to get married... So, I have assumed it was a 'back-story' for that really hard to get mask.

Reactions: TAG
But it can largely extend the game's story... If I remember where I saw the 7 Days limit, it showed that during the 4th Day, there were two NPCs supposed to get married... So, I have assumed it was a 'back-story' for that really hard to get mask.
They could extend the game's story perhaps, but at that point I don't think you could call it Majora's Mask anymore. The original game had a 3 day limit, and extending it to 7 days would make the time pressure and everything so much more different.

I really hope they WONT tweak the 3day time frame..
i for one loved the pressure of time, that way i could prove to be THE HERO OF TIME...
like you were called in Ocarina of time. the only downside was that i lost all my items when playing the song of time to save my progress.
other than that, no problems at all... because as a HERO OF F*****G TIME you CAN and SHOULD f*** up the speed of time with a musical instrument only named after the job you are obligated to do called Ocarina of TIME, you could leap a day forward if you had to talk to someone for a sidequest you can only complete on day 1 but the person you need to talk to only appears on day 2.
or play song of time and start at day 1 again. you could also slow down time or change it back to normal. so i dont see why MM got so much negative response because of those 3 days because at the end of Ocarina of Time you are titled Hero of Time... you dont deserve this title if you are gonna cry about it.. that would be like a F1 driver saying he hates to race F1 races...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3dsatackman
I have fantastic news, I read this so long ago, and forgot to post it, I don't quite fully remember it so if I have any details missing please inform me: in an interview with Eiji Aonuma, they asked if the Mask in that made a cameo in the game a mere coincidence, I believe he replied by laughing it off, and he said there is a reason for that, but he changed the topic going unto next question shortly after.

Back