Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword might be coming to the Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
A Nintendo Switch version of The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword received a listing on Amazon UK recently, so there's been a lot of talk and excitement about the game being revealed for the Nintendo Switch later.

EfjJZupUwAEfTil

I can't remember which was better between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, but I remember they've been great games on the Wii / Wii U and people have recommended that I check 'em out.

How do you feel about this? Do you think it's true?

Reactions: AricAttack
It would make perfect sense for it to be true. The WiiU wasn’t picked up by as many people, so they bring it out on the Switch. They think there’s a market for it, and I would agree.

It’s the one major Zelda game that I haven’t been able to play. I had a WiiU solely to play Breath of the Wild, so I never got the chance to pick up Skyward Sword. I’ve heard mixed things about the game, but I want to playy it to experience the story at the very least.

It would make perfect sense for it to be true. The WiiU wasn’t picked up by as many people, so they bring it out on the Switch. They think there’s a market for it, and I would agree.
Skyward Sword was released for the Wii though, and the Wii did have a market. I'm assuming they want to remove the montion controls?

A Nintendo Switch version of The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword received a listing on Amazon UK recently, so there's been a lot of talk and excitement about the game being revealed for the Nintendo Switch later.

EfjJZupUwAEfTil

I can't remember which was better between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, but I remember they've been great games on the Wii / Wii U and people have recommended that I check 'em out.

How do you feel about this? Do you think it's true?
I mean, come on. It's amazon. If I remember correctly, amazon has been wrong multiple times before. But if this is true, then that would be great! As of right now, it's only accessible on the Wii, and copies of the original game are very hard to find right now. If this rumored Skyward Sword HD Remaster is true, then that's great! More and more people will be able to play this fantastic game with Link in his PJs lol.

As for the changes they're going to make, I'm not sure on what they're gonna do. I'm thinking of a simple graphics upscale and (hopefully) some quality of life improvements, then they sell the game for 40 dollars (maybe even 60 dollars you never know?). I hope we can use the Wii U gamepad, or a gamepad like accessory to manage inventory and maps like with wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD on the Wii U, but that isn't very likely. But it's still an interesting concept! Maybe I'll talk about it later fufufu (or hehehe? I'm not sure how to laugh. Hahaha?).

About the Motion controls, I don't think they're gonna remove them. I actually like the Motion controls if I'm being honest, they look cool (don't take this seriously as I haven't played the game lmao). But from what I've seen and read about, the Motion controls are an important part of the gameplay, and if you want to remove them, it will require a MASSIVE overhaul, from the ground up, brand new development and stuff. Or, we could use alternatives, like with Super Mario Odyssey. Most likely, not all moves will have button equivalents, but that's the cost if y'all want to play this game portably.

It would make sense to release it for the huge market on the Nintendo Switch, but I think there aren't too many changes they can actually do.

Been watching the page since it was found and it's just been removed 1597649383997.png

Could mean a few different things, this doesn't really prove much but it does show that they noticed it and realised it's up.

Been watching the page since it was found and it's just been removed View attachment 20632

Could mean a few different things, this doesn't really prove much but it does show that they noticed it and realised it's up.
Interesting...

Kind of seems like a confirmation if I’m being optimistic. The pessimist in me says it was just some weird mistake or joke from whoever does Amazon listings.

It is true that things have been leaked like this prior to official announcements. I guess we’ll see if Nintendo announces this in the future.

Instant-Gaming is the second site to list the game up.

Link:
Code:
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/7475-buy-key-nintendo-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-switch/

In case they remove it:

Ha4LSlX.png

Link:
Code:
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/7475-buy-key-nintendo-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-switch/

In case they remove it:

Ha4LSlX.png
2021 :lapras:

Link:
Code:

In case they remove it:

Ha4LSlX.png

Oh wow, there’s even cover art. That’s a fairly strong indicator that this indeed going to happen, if it’s real. Somebody could have really went out of their way and fabricated this to draw traffic to that site by taking advantage of the hype bandwagon.

That’s actually entirely feasible.
Nintendo announced Origami King essentially right before it came out, and that was a new game rather than a remaster.

That’s actually entirely feasible.
Nintendo announced Origami King essentially right before it came out, and that was a new game rather than a remaster.
Also see Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics, and Pikmin 3 Deluxe. They were all announced about 2 months before release, possibly to avoid delaying the games.

In case they remove it:

Ha4LSlX.png

lmao that boxart is stretched like hell and yet so squished at the same time. If that's the actual boxart then I guess the graphic designer is new to the job :p

Also, everything on this pace is most likely a placeholder. The date, everything. Just like how it was all placeholder text on the Amazon listing.

Reactions: Jisenku
lmao that boxart is stretched like hell and yet so squished at the same time. If that's the actual boxart then I guess the graphic designer is new to the job :p

It's so unnerving how that can even be a thing. Just look at it. LOOK AT IT! It's like someone thought that the box art needed to be a certain length, so people just went ahead and stretched it thinking that nobody would notice because it's just a prototype. WELL GOOD JOB! NOW EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR BLUNDER!

Me having to remember that Origami King is part of the Paper Mario series, and not a completely different one (brainfart)

Back