Let's create the world and characters!

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Well, why don't we start creating our characters?
But first, we need a world.

What style of role playing you want? An anime based, a medieval one, choose!

(PS: I'm still searching how to play :p)

A medieval one
Well, why don't we start creating our characters?
But first, we need a world.

What style of role playing you want? An anime based, a medieval one, choose!

(PS: I'm still searching how to play :p)
A midieval one sounds awesome!

Well, I thought I had a good idea for one. But i can't seem to decide on how it should work.
You start off as a character who wakes up with no memories of who they are or where they are. You then can explore your new surroundings anyway you choose, and try to recover your missing memories while meeting others with similar situations along the way.

Now would something like that be more interesting with like a class and stat system, or just free form with basic rules and an odd power or two? Or maybe even a different plot lol.

Reactions: Onett
Okay. I can be that guy, and we can use class and stat system.
I have an idea for that.

Who want to join so we can start?

Kinda sounds like a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon plot ;) with people!

Kinda sounds like a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon plot ;) with people!

Also Fire Emblem Awakening have the same start :p

I would go with anything, any flow is good with me :)

I want to be an inn owner, collecting money from travellers and listening to their stories :p

Well, I thought I had a good idea for one. But i can't seem to decide on how it should work.
You start off as a character who wakes up with no memories of who they are or where they are. You then can explore your new surroundings anyway you choose, and try to recover your missing memories while meeting others with similar situations along the way.

Now would something like that be more interesting with like a class and stat system, or just free form with basic rules and an odd power or two? Or maybe even a different plot lol.

That's actually a pretty good start.
A stat system would make things a bit hard to keep up with, but a class system would be nice, with restrictions to the number and types of abilities the rp'ers can have.

Since this is the first one, it may be best to keep it simple, but I like making things complicated, so feel free to ignore my idea if its too much :oops:

Instead of wandering around aimlessly to regain their memories, the characters could be part of a Reaper's Game. Also, instead of having no memory at all, the characters would only remember how they died. Some will reveal the way they died, while others will keep it secret depending on their character.
That would break the monotony of the characters, since some would be players, while others would be Reapers or the Game Master.

Character descriptions would be as follows:

Character Name:
Appearance (4-6 sentences):
Personality (4-6 sentences):
Details of death (3-5 sentences):
Pins used (up to 5):
Partner:

Just like in the game, characters get points for completing missions. We could also create some "Reaper Sports" to make things more interesting.

Well, that's the basics of my idea. If you like it, I can think up the details, including the plot, etc.

And for those that don't know, the Reapers' Game was the main setting of The World Ends With You, the best NDS game ever :oops:
It consists of "Players" that died in a way or another and lasts a week. The winner of the game would have the chance to live again, while others would either get erased, or have the chance to become reapers.
The reapers on the other hand, need to make sure that as many players as possible cannot complete the game. Failing to do so would result in their own erasure.
Finally, there is the Game Master. This is basically the top dog reaper that assigns the missions to the players and will face those that survived at the end of the week.

That's actually a pretty good start.
A stat system would make things a bit hard to keep up with, but a class system would be nice, with restrictions to the number and types of abilities the rp'ers can have.

Since this is the first one, it may be best to keep it simple, but I like making things complicated, so feel free to ignore my idea if its too much :oops:

Instead of wandering around aimlessly to regain their memories, the characters could be part of a Reaper's Game. Also, instead of having no memory at all, the characters would only remember how they died. Some will reveal the way they died, while others will keep it secret depending on their character.
That would break the monotony of the characters, since some would be players, while others would be Reapers or the Game Master.

Character descriptions would be as follows:

Character Name:
Appearance (4-6 sentences):
Personality (4-6 sentences):
Details of death (3-5 sentences):
Pins used (up to 5):
Partner:

Just like in the game, characters get points for completing missions. We could also create some "Reaper Sports" to make things more interesting.

Well, that's the basics of my idea. If you like it, I can think up the details, including the plot, etc.
Right on my complicated burtha :singing:
I like the idea of making it TWEWY themed. Perhaps we could make it like a crossover and add a few Bleach elements as well? Since they kinda deal with the same thing. x3 Also, would there be a penalty if players didn't/couldn't finish the mission?

Perhaps we could make it like a crossover and add a few Bleach elements as well? Since they kinda deal with the same thing. x3 Also, would there be a penalty if players didn't/couldn't finish the mission?

I guess Bleach elements could work, you really want to flash step around don't you? :p

As for the penalties, it would depend on how many people we have. There'll probably only be a few in the beginning, so we should limit it to a points system.

Hey! Try to make an easy start :D

Back