let's make a maze

• Thread starter BacklogGamer
  • Start date
BacklogGamer

BacklogGamer

Backlogged for life TT-TT
Towns Folk
I'm currently playing Master of the Monster Lair, a dungeon building game on the DS; and I thought it'd be fun (and easier) to have a floor or two made by my fellow pedians here.

Here we have a 10x10 grid:
10x10grid.gif

Just fill this in however you want, and i'll put it into my game. This is only 1/4th of the floor size, so I'll need at least 4 people per floor. I'll connect them up as best as I can, and certain quests may require different room types to get the monsters I need. But I'll leave the room size up to you guys. What I currently have available are 1 square single doorway rooms, 1 square 4 doorway rooms, and 3x3 square 4 doorway rooms, as well as 1 square sigle doorway chest rooms.

Now I'm not quite sure how well I expect this thread to do, but hopefully I can get at least one floor out of it. Also, please use blue for chest rooms, yellow for 1square 1 entry rooms, orange for 1square 4entry rooms, and red for 3x3 4 doorway rooms.

P.S. sorry if this seems more like homework than a game :p

Here is one:

0bIeVn9.png

Brown is the walls
Blue is a door
Yellow is a key
And White is the space you can walk on.

1, that's not the key i said ;-; (also doors don't exists, and keys are just random drops to open chests) and 2, that's a lot of unused space. i used that title more for alliteration, but its meant to be a dungeon. needs lots of dead ends to get lost in and put rooms for monsters to spawn in. =x

the town will never get tourists if our local dungeon can't bring in the monsters xP

I noticed the lack of dead ends and fixed it. (Also what kind of dungeon game doesn't have doors? :p)

BedDpZj.png

the kind that's meant to draw in monsters as a tourist attaction :p

also i'm still pretty early in the game, so for all i know doors could be a thing. i just haven't unlocked any yet.

Back