Let's make a story! [No Rules]

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
This time there aren't any rules or requirements. You can add three paragraphs or three words, it doesn't matter! Just have fun with your story and let's see where it goes. Just make sure it continues off of the last post.

I'll start:

A person wakes up in a daze, unsure of what's going on around their surroundings.

but then

jk

There is a bright light shining on his face. It reminds him of being at the doctors.

but then

jk

There is a bright light shining on his face. It reminds him of being at the doctors.
Is he at the doctor's office? It doesn't feel like it.

he then suddenly remembered where he was at, but at that moment a dark figure opened the door. He tried to sit up, but he was strapped. He looked around, there were jars full of different animal and human organs. The figure was wearing a gas mask, and all of a sudden there seemed to be gas filling the room. He felt sleepy and couldn't keep his eyes open any longer.

he then suddenly remembered where he was at, but at that moment a dark figure opened the door. He tried to sit up, but he was strapped. He looked around, there were jars full of different animal and human organs. The figure was wearing a gas mask, and all of a sudden there seemed to be gas filling the room. He felt sleepy and couldn't keep his eyes open any longer.
im sorry wtf

Suddenly he wakes up from his nightmare... it's 3 AM... might as well have some fun if he's up this early

Reactions: phofufury
The man took time to collect his thoughts. Was it only a dream, or a vision of the future? He tried to remember the events of the night before. To his astonishment, he could not even remember his own name.

Reactions: Jisenku
He starts to panic but immediately stops because he realizes that's not going to help. He stops to look around his surroundings. He's in a dimly lit room, the time on the alarm clock next to him says 7:38 AM. He looks around for a phone, he finds one that is completely charged. He's able to open it with his fingerprint and he starts searching through the phone to see what is going on. He stumbles on a Note app and he finds this note:

Hello, you might be confused on what's going on around you. Your name is Jake, and you live in New York City. The dream that you just had has nothing to do with what's going on with your life, it's just a reoccurring dream, don't worry. You have amnesia and every year your memory resets. Today's date? February 10th. It's an unfortunate fate, but it's yours to carry. Anyways, check your contacts for more details about your friends. Good luck and happy anniversery! :)

Jake got out of his bed and walked towards the window to his right. He opened the curtains and the room brightened. He began to think about his amnesia... aside from his name, what else could he be forgetting? He thought it over for a few minutes as he stared down towards the busy street outside. As he felt a growing headache as he searched his memory further, he decided to see what was downstairs.

Reactions: Jisenku
To his surprise, breakfast was awaiting him. The nice aroma of the classic breakfast, eggs and bacon, welcomed him. He was confused, there was no one in his house except for him. Then, he thought he heard something similar to a machine running. He peeked into the kitchen, and he saw a robot. A little startled, he quickly turned back.

"Ah, Master Jake. You are finally up. Had a good night's rest I presume?" the machine asked.

Jake replied, confusingly:

"Excuse me, um, who are you?"

"Are you ok Master? This is the fourth time you asked me that this month. Should I be concerned?"

Not wanting to make a possibly bigger mess, he decided to go along.

"Uh no, no sorry. I, I just had a bad dream last night."

"Oh, I am sorry for that master. I have made your classic, eggs and bacon. Would you like a glass of milk, or orange juice?"

"Water is fine."

• Informative
Reactions: SuperPrincessPeachfan and Jisenku
here's my story!

Reactions: phofufury
Suddenly, he felt dizzy, and his mind was foggy.

"Actually, I'll skip breakfast for now, I might go back to bed."

Walking away, he barely heard the machine say, "I'll call a doctor for you Master Jake, you do not seem fine."

And to the machine's self, "Goodness me, something is very wrong with him."

Jake went to his room, closed his curtains, and fell to his bed. He could not remember anything. What was that strange note? Who sent that? What was his dream again? Why did the note talk about that dream? Suddenly, his mind went blank. What seemed like an eternity, but also seemed like a millisecond, he woke up.

Where am I at?

He was somewhere. It seemed like he was in a void. Darkness all around him. Only where he sat was there a glowing light. He saw something farther away. It seemed to be someone strapped to a chair.

Wait, I remember this. Wasn't this...wasn't this my dream?

But it was different. The organs were not there. The doctor did not seem to be mad. The doctor seemed like a normal doctor, preparing to treat his patient. However, the patient seemed mad. He tries to escape. He can't.

What is happening? What the h-

He awakes. There is someone in his room.

"Ah, seems as if you're awake now."

"Who are you?" Jake asks in startling confusion.

"Calm now, please. Your machine called me. I am your doctor, remember?"

"No, sorry. I awoke from something. I am not quite sure if it was a dream, but it seemed familiar."

"Ah, well, how's this? Tell me about it while I check you out."

"Ok. Um, yeah I guess. I remember there was this doctor. He was treating his patient, and the patient seemed to be a madman. He tried to escape, but he couldn't. That's all I can recall."

"Very interesting. Have you had this "dream" before?"

"Yes, but it was a bit different. It seemed as if I was the patient, and the doctor was a madman, and there were organs in jars everywhere. There was gas filling the room."

"Yes, I see. I am no psychologist, however, I briefly studied it. Have you any fears of Doctors, or any medical treatments?"

"Not that I can recall. In fact, I can't seem to recall anything right now."

"Ah, I see. Seems you have amnesia. Excuse me, may I see your phone?"

"Uh, sure."

"Thank you."

As the doctor is typing something, it suddenly clicks in Jake's mind.

"Wait, your...you seem familiar. You seem as if you were the do-"

He can't keep his eyes open. The world seems dizzy. It's as if his brain just shut down. Everything is going dark.

"Note to self: This particular patient seems as if he is getting his memory back, however, it also seems as if his memory is disjointed. I will have to check on him again soon. He should be reset right now, but who knows how long this dose will last. It is to dangerous for anyone, especially for him to know about this. After the recent incident with my last patient, I cannot afford to have someone else know. I still need to get ahold of her. She seems to be on the loose."

With that, he sets Jake's phone down. Jake's phone has a message.

"Hello, you might be confused on what's going on around you. Your name is Jake, and you live in New York City. The dream that you just had has nothing to do with what's going on with your life, it's just a reoccurring dream, don't worry. You have amnesia and every year your memory resets. Today's date? February 10th. It's an unfortunate fate, but it's yours to carry. Anyways, check your contacts for more details about your friends. Good luck and happy anniversery! :)"

He whispers to himself:

"This cover up can't last long. I need to reset him fully."

Jake: Who are you talking to?

???: State Farm. I'm...

Jake: Hey if you have somewhere else to be I can just go to the nearest library and borrow their computer for a bit to find out who I am. I think animals have their place in the world too.

???: Oh uhh... This is your phone, if you want it back. I left mine in my car to charge.

Jake: So if it's my phone could you show me how to unlock it? I kinda forgot.

???: It was unlocked when I found it out of your pocket. I don't really like distractions when I'm working. Anyways, I think I heard your alarm go off before you awoke. Your fully healed. You were in a coma from a swipe by a taxi. It's all good. You paid your dues. Here's your phone back.

Jake: Wow. That was a lot to take in. How about I get something to eat.
When he stepped out of the building, he called an Uber and then went to the nearest vendor for some pie, burgers, and ice cream. Then looked at his phone to see the other old adventures some time ago he had and enjoyed.

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury and Deepak
Back