Let's talk about Nintendo Development!

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
So apparently, if you want to create a game and publish it, apparently you can get the developer tools & SDKs needed by going to developer.nintendo.com and getting started there. You must be a legal adult (18 years and up) but don't have to pay anything, nor need an actual business address to get started. So any Indie developer who wants to get onto Nintendo devices here's how!

Lol, not been on the site in a while but I love that it's broken for me if I have my adblock on, can't scroll. Makes me wonder.

But yeah, things are free for the eshop now, it's just a very long process. It being free and so open like this isn't the best thing though, it'll be one of the main reasons to why there's a ton of low-effort/quality stuff on there.

I should make an account at some point honestly so I can start playing with things, I just have no idea still what my public dev name should be and idk if that can be changed at a later point.

Reactions: Jisenku
I just have no idea still what my public dev name should be and idk if that can be changed at a later point.
Skylarkblue1
How about just plain ol' Sky?

Skylarkblue1
How about just plain ol' Sky?

"Sky" is pretty generic name though, it'd be terrible for searching up, generic to remember and isn't a great "name" for this context.

"Sky" is pretty generic name though, it'd be terrible for searching up, generic to remember and isn't a great "name" for this context.
Skylark?

Still too generic. And no, I'm not using my normal username for my dev name, that wouldn't be a smart play.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back