SwSh Let's talk about that Pokemon Switch Rumor

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Some of you have most likely heard about the Pokemon Switch rumor that has been going around the Internet for a while now. It's said that we'll get Pokemon Switch news before the month ends.

I'm not too happy about it :/
  • Pokemon Switch will make a return to the Kanto region
  • Yellow remakes for the Nintendo Switch
  • Pikachu and Eevee versions of the game
  • Red & Blue play a role in the game's story
  • You and your rival will be new trainers
  • There will be a hub for online players
  • Pokemon GO integration with the Nintendo Switch game (+rewards for linking)
  • Catching Pokemon will work similar to Pokemon GO
  • HMs will still be replaced with Pokeride from Alola (whatever that is)
  • A new accessory can be used with Pokemon GO and Pokemon Switch
What are your thoughts about the rumors going around? :redpanda:

While some part of me would be thrilled if these rumors happened to be real (which might be more likely when I saw the recent news that the site has been trademarked), I'm also concerned on a certain statement in particular. Well, usually I'm used to catching system which is just simply by selecting the Pokéball and hoping that ball would catch the 'mon, but I would reconsider getting it or not if catching mechanics have to be similar to GO's catching system (unless if the 'catching' system is kind of seeing which 'mon to encounter a la Moco Moco Friends).

But I'll just keep on waiting and see if the game would fit me or not, especially when the games' titles look unusual for typical main Pokémon game which got me intrigued in the first place.

This would definitely be weird. I can understand why they might want to change the catching to make it more skill based, but I doubt that they would make it anything like pokemon go on console. Everything connecting pokemon go and this game is weird. Everything else isn’t necessarily bad, because they could execute it well and it would be ok. This is such a weird rumor, I would be suprised if its true.

Focus on Kanto is making this game sound like a snoozefest for me . I'm just so sick of gen 1 stuff. After hearing this info my hype for the game went seriously down. I'm just waiting on to see who ends up making it in the game cause that's gonna make or break the game at this point for me. I just hope they don't do anything stupid like locking out other gens until after the main game, which I doubt they will . I would even be cool with Kanto forms of other pokemon at this point.

I'm not too worried about the Pokemon Go stuff as it probably be like hey you caught this in Go you can transfer it over to your full game! Pokemon Go catching wise will hopefully be optional , cause I really don't want to slide my finger across the screen in handheld mode.

While I somewhat detest the catching system in Pokemon Go (And would be rather upset about it being in the new game for switch), I believe this game has the potential to be one of the greatest, if not THE greatest Pokemon games of all time. My reasons being:

1. It's on the Switch
2. It'll attract old fans from the series and hopefully draw them back into the love for Pokemon
3. It'll be a potential "reboot" of the series, because that is how Pokemon started/
4. It pays tribute to the original Pokemon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition, in which the rival starts with Eevee and the player starts with Pikachu.
5. The games will include Eevee as a mascot in a core game.
6. The Switch has the capability to be more of a Pokemon "Adventure" than a Pokemon "Game", due to the likes of BotW, Super Mario Odyssey, etc.

Bottom line, I wouldn't judge the rumor. Rather, I'd take it with a hint of salt. And that hint is like a teaspoon for me right now. Either way, this is shaping up to be hopeful for the future of Pokemon for both casual and competitive players who are seasoned battlers, returning champions or are total newcomers to the Pokemon franchise. I, for one, am hopeful for this game. It might not sound good at first, but that is because we only have so little information about the titles. We only know the titles and some potential features and Pokemon that will be in the games.

So, the fact that Game Freak and TPCi are trying to reboot and refresh the series kind of excites me a bit. I'd say, if the rumors are true, give them a chance, as Game Freak and TPCi have done and will continue to make Pokemon games and always strive to do their very best, like no one ever was.

A remake of the Kanto region? Yes please. Kanto is the best region.

Reactions: Mercedes-Benz
Back