Limited edition consoles

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
ever heard of or bought any exclusive consoles that are really rare only available to buy for a short period? Are they really worth spending that little bit extra? They're usually bundled with one other game.

such as the Zelda 3DS XL, Pikachu 3DS, Pokemon X/Y 3DS?

If the consoles have a nice design and come with a good game, hell yes. I really want to get one of the designed 3DS' because they look so nice - and chances are it'll come with a game I haven't played yet.

I really wanted the Zelda 3DS XL, but couldn't justify buying it. :p

I've owned a couple of special editions in the past though, for example a Mario GBA SP.

I've always had just the basic model for every console, but I may buy the Pokemon X 3DS edition soon. Been waiting to get a 3DS and I think this bundle is perfect.

Some of the limited edition Nintendo DS consoles look quite good but I never buy them as I'm not a huge nintendo person

I've never got into the Limited Edition Consoles/Handhelds namely because I am an early adopter of consoles. They never break down so I can't afford to get another one when that happens.

Is a Pikachu edition Gameboy Color considered a limited edition console?
If so, then that's the only limited edition console I own. :D

I grew up on Nintendo but I would never go as far as buying an exclusive console for any series, no matter how much I liked the series. The consoles with the basic designs/colors are expensive enough already! As are the games!

I wanted the Pikachu 3DS but seeing as I'm too cheap I went for the Midnight Purple 3DS instead. No regrets. Other than that, I've never owned any special consoles. My brother had the Halo 3 Special Edition Xbox many years ago, though.

I never gotten any of those special edition consuls mostly because I just wasn't around for their time of release. Some of which I just already had the system and I wasn't going to buy a new one that just had a pretty picture on the top of it. However I did really did want the Majoras mask 3ds because Majoras mask is one of my favorite games ever.

I really don't care much of the limited - edition consoles that much because really they are just an extra design that's all . I think that regular 3ds still has yet much to go :p but owning a limited edition Nintendo console would really be awesome since they are limited :cool:

My 3DS is a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon limited edition of Fall 2013 (Year Of Luigi yay). I have yet to find someone with the same 3DS as me... It's a nice dark blue 3DS with nothing extra on it, so basically it's a limited color with a game. I like it a lot. I'm not sure if this is limited edition either but my Wii U is the Wii U Deluxe system that came with Super Mario 3D World. It's a black colored console and that's about it. A lot of my friends got the same bundle as me so I'm not sure if it still qualifies as "limited edition".

I owned the Zelda DS lite and I had the Assassin's Creed Xbox that's about it. But I don't own anything else super special like that.

Well, I guess my first avi (back when I joined) kinda tells which 3DS I have... That's right, I have the blue Pokémon X/Y 3DS, and honestly, it was worth spending the little extra (especially considering how overpriced it is!). However, there was no game included in it, only the Japanese version of it (3DS LL) had a game.

I got a special edition PSP back in the day (Crisis Core version) and I absolutely loved it, but the only thing it was really good for was for showing off among friends XD I also got a FFXIII Xbox 360, buuuut, yeah that was pretty useless cause it broke down less than a year later (curse you RRoD). But, in all honesty the special edition version of game consoles are only good for showing off or to show your personal love for a game/series (I don't really like FF13 though). But, if there were to be a special edition KH3 console I'd definitely get it.

I have the Zelda 3DSXL, it looks nice and it was the first console I bought for myself since 2008. I'd say it was worth it, because it's aesthetically my favorite and I love the Zelda series. I also have a white and blue Vita, it's not exactly a special edition but it's exclusive to Japan so I like it as well. I was never really one for special edition stuff, but I decided to get em because it stands out more. If the Wii-U had a cool special edition (say a multicolored Splatoon one for instance) I'd have gotten that.

@Chickenfoot There's an FFXIII special edition? Damn, I loved that game. (even though it was pretty bad..)

I don't own any limited edition consoles, although I have heard of them and also seen them. I have to admit, they do look pretty good, especially that golden Zelda 3ds xl. I also have a friend whio owns a Pokemon X and Y 3ds. Not sure if it is called that, but it is red and has Yveltal darkened in more than Xerneas. I think almost everyone wanted to steal it from him.

I always wonders why you would buy a special edition console... it's not like that many people are going to care that you later an extra $25 for a sticker of Xerneas on your 3DS :p I would only buy special edition consoles if they had games specific to their certain model. But currently they don't, so I'm gonna stick with my plain ol' 2 DS :p That's ny output... Sorry to those of you who like limited edition consoles lol

The only limited edition console that I have ever purchased was the Hyrule Gold edition new 3DS XL. While I would have loved to get my hands on the Majora's Mask edition, it quickly went out of production and became highly overpriced, so I went with the other gold 3DS, as it was the next best thing.

They're good enough when you're getting a new console and want a free (or discounted) game with it, I suppose. I got these editions for both 2DSes I owned. Typically, much like sales on the eShop when they want to sell/promote certain games or DLC, I don't see them as much more than ways of selling old games people otherwise wouldn't want to buy anymore. Or if it's something like Tomodachi Life it can be useful for introducing new players to the mechanics of the system.

Tomodachi Life was pretty fun, though. Likely wouldn't have ever played it if it didn't come with the system. Then again, maybe it's cause I'm a sucker for free games, maybe Nintendo was able to ensnare me with their marketing trap. I don't care. It was fun, there were no other editions of the console at the time besides those with built-in games, so I bought it. Maybe there's some good to marketing schemes after all.

Back