Link Between Worlds Hero Difficulty

• Thread starter Kitsune_Sakura64
  • Start date
Kitsune_Sakura64

Kitsune_Sakura64

Shadow Queen
Towns Folk
Has anyone completed this? Is it fun for people? I tried it once and kept dying.

I don't understand the point of it, I guess. >w<

It's for those that want a challenge after finishing the game once. I got through most of it normally. But the final boss. Oh god. I redid the boss fight SO MANY times. But I finally beat it and felt satisfied. It's meant to be hard.

I thought games were supposed to be fun?? >w<

You would think so, but paying top dollar to die over and over seems to be its own niche in gaming these days.

I’ve personally beaten games on the hardest difficulty just to see what the fuss was about. No confetti, no trophy in the mail, and it certainly didn’t make me feel any better about myself as I sat in a puddle of my own sweat and tears.

So beats me what the appeal is.

• Funny
Reactions: Artisan
So beats me what the appeal is.
It's an optional difficulty mode for people who weren't satisfied by the original difficulty. If you don't want a challenge, you don't really have to choose it ;)

It's an optional difficulty mode for people who weren't satisfied by the original difficulty. If you don't want a challenge, you don't really have to choose it ;)

Sure, they can include whatever mode they want so people have that option to be masochistic, but I don’t see the point from my perspective.

Sure, they can include whatever mode they want so people have that option to be masochistic, but I don’t see the point from my perspective.
It's like Fire Emblem's Lunatic+ difficulty. People want a challenge. It's not for everyone, especially casual players.

It's like Fire Emblem's Lunatic+ difficulty. People want a challenge. It's not for everyone, especially casual players.
I watched a video on that. It's basically different from easier modes because of stats alone. If you want to win I think you'll have to take advantage of crit RNG on bosses. While doable by a handful of people, I wouldn't call it fun. Zelda I can understand because interactions and your survival is all up to you as a player and you have multiple weapons to use and multiple enemy variations (not sure about in this game but say Master Quest in OoT). You aren't confined to, say, not seeing where your enemies can travel to. Diminishing party because they all keep dying and you can't bring them back.

Tl;dr It should be done right if you expect someone to enjoy hard mode.

Back