Little Shop of Horrors!

• Thread starter Aura Knight
  • Start date
Aura Knight

Aura Knight

Spirit of the West
Towns Folk
So, recently me and my sister watched Little Shop of Horrors for the first time, and it was great!

little_shop_of_horrors_ver2_xlg.jpg

I had heard so much about how good the play/film is and I wanted to watch it for Halloween. Well...when I requested it on the library people already were waiting for the movie, so I had to wait. But now, on November 17th, 2017, I can say I have officially watched it.

The first thing I really got me excited for the movie was the opening. Usually films start off establishing what the surroundings look like, but not this movie! Along with the opening credits, there are these awesome singers who remind me very much of the Muses from Disney's Hercules. Yes, they're that good!

And then the story goes on. Guy find plant, plant gets hungry, and things happen, made really cool by the songs sung in this piece. As far as the songs go, they have the same beat and bounce as some Baptist choir songs, but take out the worshipping parts and replace them with story elements. The songs in this film are really easy to bob your heat to.

What really makes this film interesting is the endings associated with it. It plays out like some games or whatever where there are multiple endings, but unlike those this film does a good job of keeping the same affect that each ending would have on each other.

If you're watching the theatrical version of this film, you'll get the "good" ending. Audry gets saved from the plant and Seymour goes in and destroys it. They live happily ever after while we zoom in on their garden to see a little baby Audry II, smiling at the camera.

If you're watching the director's cut or play version, you'll get the "real" ending, where Audry gets eaten and so does Seymour and the plant takes over the world. Hooray!

To wrap things up I really enjoyed watching this and think it'll be a great addition to libraries.

See ya!

i have not watch it yet, but i have seen clips, and some of the songs and i love it

How is Jack Nicholson a hero exactly? He fed a number of people to that beastly plant, and for what? A couple of good flowers?

Back