Longest game you've ever played

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm not asking for the game you've played the longest. I'm asking you what's the longest game you've ever played. Doesn't matter if you were taking it slow or just trying to obtain all of the achievements. What's the game that took you a really long time to finish?

I guess technically the longest game I've ever played is a fully modded Skyrim. The amount of content makes it practically endless.

I presume you mean games with a finish and not something like an MMORPG or ones with no definitive end?

I'd probably say in terms of pure content with an end, the longest game I've played is probably either NITE Team 4 or the black watchmen. Both I have about 200h in and I've not finished either yet, TBW I still have another entire season + pretty much all the DLCs left to do.

TBW is probably the longer game, also just depends on how smart you are with it tbh. There is just SO much content in it and potentially more coming out in the future too.

Not on hours played but length of game in general Mario vs. Donkey Kong (puzzle platformer). Brawl is pretty close to that with achievements and Subspace. For an RPG maybe Pokemon Heartgold because of all the things you can do postgame. Might change when I get playing more RPGs. For the action/Metroidvania genre I'd say Aeternoblade II but I can't think of another action game I own besides the Wario Land series. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in terms of racing. Platforming the Spyro Reignited Trilogy but it seems like cheating to put it in as a trilogy so I say Ripto's Rage.

You want just one game? 100% Spyro RR with all the missions.

Reactions: Jisenku
For the amount of time to achieve every single perfect, Project Diva Future Tone... seriously. Currently, I have 57 hours in it, and that may not seem like much, but for a pure rhythm game... it's a bit, especially since I only just started going really hard on it. I technically haven't completed it yet, but assuming that I do, it will take me an additional 2.2 hours at least to clear all of the songs on hard, and then once I get into Extreme & EX EXTREME, well... hehe. 3.4 hours on just the extreme songs that I have (playing back to back about 2 mins per song) not including anything that I unlock from the other songs... with the other songs, it's about 5.6 hours to clear all of the Extremes, so about 7.6 hours all together to get to the extremes that I haven't cleared, assuming that I clear them the first time... looking at you Hatsune Miku no Gekishou

Also EX EXTREME right now... about .9 hours of content that I have yet to clear right now... and TBH I don't know the rest. geez

Also don't forget that I also want to perfect these songs, assuming that it takes me 10 tries each to perfect them... I would be left with about 74.6 hours of practice for the Extreme songs. yup

Plus the hard songs, which I will say are about 3 times before perfecting, so about 22.4 hours worth of content there...

no DLC included btw

I'm not asking for the game you've played the longest. I'm asking you what's the longest game you've ever played. Doesn't matter if you were taking it slow or just trying to obtain all of the achievements. What's the game that took you a really long time to finish?
Compared to you all, I haven't really played very many games. But I'm pretty sure it's Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. That game has a ton of content, such as the story mode (which took me a surprising 40 hours to 100%, but that's no what we're talking about), missions, collecting spirits, classic mode, etc.

Assuming New Horizons doesn’t count, probably Skyrim most notably. I have hundreds of hours in that and I never finished the main quest. The same was true, albeit to a lesser extent, with Fallout 3 & 4. I love me some side quests, and there are always caves and isolated buildings to divert my attention.

Also, a bunch of visual novels took me upwards of 50-70 hours. The biggest of these was Yu-No.

Phoenotopia Awakening took me over 80 hours until I beat it, due to finding secrets. Even then there were many things I missed or gave up on.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the older JRPGs I played on PS1 or PS2 also had a lot of hours put into completing them.

Rune Factory 4. It technically never ends, but I still hadn't bought the Legendary Cheesecake item after playing for several years because it was just that expensive. (I could have had I not bought the vacant house in the woods, but still.)

I don't think I ever got a 100% shipping rate, either.

And I had to start over last year because someone stole the game.

Fallout 4 is the longest I've played, and im still playing it. Fallout in general is packed with so much stuff, and soo many sidequests to, it could take me a while to finish. Oh, and then there's still that very first sidequest i hvnt even taken the time to complete, sorry dude who needs the pipe fixed XD

Reactions: Deepak and Jisenku
I've played Disgaea 5 for over 400 hours and still have yet to beat the final boss, so I guess it'd be that. Howlongtobeat.com says a total completion takes only 200 hours... though anyone who thinks they can beat the final boss in that time must be on something funny. I can't lay a scratch on them, not even with my highest powered unit.

Howlongtobeat.com also says Disgaea 4 would take longer. Either way, with the immense difficulty of the final boss and abundance of content altogether, I can only hope I'll beat the series sometime before I die of old age.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back