Look through the eyes of a Pokemon trainer with Oculus Rift.

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Tired of working with thousands of others to become a Pokemon Master on Twitch Plays Pokémon? Well, Oculus Rift wants to take the reins.

A beta version of "Pokemon Gold/Silver" for Oculus Rift has emerged, thanks to virtual reality stereoscopic 3D-driver manufacturer vorpX.

Don't let the scary company description intimidate you; vorpX is basically responsible for taking games like "Skyrim," "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" and "Bioshock: Infinite" (along with a few more) and making them work for the virtual reality gaming platform Oculus Rift.

As you can see in the beta version of "Pokémon Gold/Silver" for Oculus Rift (watch above), it's not a perfect system. The game isn't designed to be 3D, and it shows. But that wouldn't stop us from having hours of first-person Pokémon fun if we could get our hands on an Oculus Rift. (It's not currently available to the public.)
What are your thoughts on this? Would you like to play a Pokemon game in First-Person using Oculus Rift?
Let me know in the replies below.
source:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_190490

this thing seem unknown to me

I don't really see how Oculus Rift benefits a 2D game like Pokemon. I think the device is better suited for immersive 3D environments where you can see all the action going on around you.

Back