Looking for some good anime to watch

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
OK, so after watching the first 24 episodes of Fairy Tail in a row, I'm now severely (and I mean SEVERELY) addicted to anime. SO, currently, I'm only watching Fairy Tail, but I'm looking for some other ones. Anyone got an anime that they particularly enjoyed, and think that I would enjoy?

Seven Deadly Sins..

Just watch this trailer and you'll understand why you need to see it :

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!

If you want a comedy, try out KonoSuba.. It's about a guy who died a humiliating death and is reborn into another world with one wish. He ends up with a sucky life and the story continues from there.

Owari no Seraph

It's about vampires. Check it out if you like good action and plot twists.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis

Another anime I absolutely loved. If you enjoyed Seven Deadly Sins, you'll love this anime too as well as its second season - Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul. Ignore the artstyle in the trailer.. the anime itself is amazing.

Reactions: Samster
Seven Deadly Sins..

Just watch this trailer and you'll understand why you need to see it :

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!

If you want a comedy, try out KonoSuba.. It's about a guy who died a humiliating death and is reborn into another world with one wish. He ends up with a sucky life and the story continues from there.

Owari no Seraph

It's about vampires. Check it out if you like good action and plot twists.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis

Another anime I absolutely loved. If you enjoyed Seven Deadly Sins, you'll love this anime too as well as its second season - Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul. Ignore the artstyle in the trailer.. the anime itself is amazing.

I watched the trailer for Seven Deadly Sins just now, and oh my god, that was awesome. Magi: The Kingdom of Magic looks awesome as well, can’t wait to get started on that. Omari no Seraph is about vampires?! Screw it, I need to watch that one. Thanks for the recommendations, can’t wait to check these out! :D

EDIT: Oh, also, do you know if any of these are in English Dub?

EDIT: Oh, also, do you know if any of these are in English Dub?
I think all of them are but can't be so certain. Probably not KonoSuba..

The English voices may be terrible which can ruin the anime.. sort of. I highly recommend getting into English sub for action anime unless the text on the screen goes away really really fast.

Reactions: Samster
Watch stiens;gate because its just really good
Watch angel beats! because its funny but still hits the feels.
Watch cowboy bebop because I cannot explain why its so good.
And learn to enjoy subs. Japanese ppl try harder.

Stick with the classics - I recommend giving Cowboy Bebop a watch if you like westerns, space, music, kung fu, being awesome, etc.
I'm usually an advocate for English subs but 'Bebop's dub is excellently done, so start there if you're into it.

It would be helpful if you told us which shows you have watched, and your top 5... maybe make a MAL if you don't have one

FLCL is great, but it might be hard to get into depending your age. Still a fantastic show
Gurren Lagann, Little Witch Academia and Kill la Kill are all on netflix, all of them are made by my favorite studio (Trigger) and all of them are masterpieces
Devilman Crybaby is another fantastic show... but it might be hard to stomach... you could read the manga since I think that one is a little better towards the end, but both are great anyways
Jojo might be a meme, but is great
Full Metal Alchemist is another great one, but also really long

ALL THE LUPIN THE THIRD MOVIES
ALL THE GHIBLI MOVIES

And that's about it

Thanks for the suggestions, you guys! I’ll be sure to add these to my list of anime to watch! :D

If you like Jigoku Shoujo which is a bit of a horror type (though its not scary at all to me)...it can seem redundant. For me, it took several episodes before I got hooked--mainly on the season called Mitsuganae. I think it's the best one so far, but at the same time, like I said, if can seem redundant until you get used to it. A story develops over the course of episodes.

Does the Pokemon anime count? Its pretty cool and I'm really enjoying the Sun and Moon series right now.

Ushio & Tora (an underrated series)
Berserk
One Punch Man
Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan
Toriko
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Hunter x Hunter

Back