LuigiFTW’s NES Online Service Mini guides to enjoyment and mini tutorials.

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Over time i will be adding more guides here to help you all get the most out of the nes games included in Nintendo Switch Online.

1. Learn to fight.
One of the biggest complaints i hear about this game is how often you die in it. While thats true, understanding how combat works can help you die less. Pressing a swings your sword in the direction you’re facing. When your sword isn’t being swung you will automatically block projectiles coming the way you are facing. When you have full health you will also have a sword beam, so use that well. Later you will find items like the boomerang which will help you defend yourself easier.

2. Explore randomly!
One thing i didn’t notice before when i first played this game was how much the game encourages you to just experiment. Walls that will break if a bomb explodes aren’t marked. When you get bombs, you get them in sets of four, and your starting max is eight. So, in order to avoid wasting bombs, just drop a bunch of bombs on walls and maybe you will find something! Same with the candle. The candle recharges every screen you enter, so as you wander, drop a flame each screen and see if you find something!
*bonus* remember there can only be one room in each screen, so if you see a room than don't waste your time (and bombs) looking for another.

3. Read the manual up to page 42
here is a link to the official manual to the game: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/clv/manuals/en/pdf/CLV-P-NAANE.pdf
the manual is full of hints and tips to help you on your quest. if you are extremely stuck than read past page 42, but there it reveals the whole map and many secrets, which are better found yourself.

Last edited:
Update #1: added a bonus tip for "explore randomly!" and a third point in the legend of Zelda enjoyment guide.

Back