Mafia.

• Thread starter Fawn
  • Start date
Fawn

Fawn

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
This is a game called Mafia.

"Mafia (Russian: Ма́фия, also known as Werewolf) is a party game created in the USSR by Dmitry Davidoff in 1986,[3]modelling a conflict between an informed minority (the mafia) and an uninformed majority (the innocents). At the start of the game each player is secretly assigned a role affiliated with one of these teams. The game has two alternating phases: "night", during which the mafia may covertly "murder" an innocent, and "day", in which surviving players debate the identities of the mafiosi and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia has been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumbers the innocents."

How to play:
There are two 'teams' in this game, the mafia and the innocent civilians/towns folk/citizens/etc.
The mafia know each other's identity, while the civilians only know the amount of mafias are in the game but do not know who.

So, there will be only two other different roles in this Mafia version,

• The investigator/detective: also an innocent whom at night is able to 'investigate' a player and the narrator/moderator will either say yes or no.
  • The doctor/medic: also an innocent who is able to protect someone from getting killed. In this version; he is allowed to protect himself.
I WILL BE THE NARRATOR/MODERATOR.

So, there will be 11 players. I choose 3 to be mafia while the other 8 to be innocent. Once there are enough players, at the beginning, I will PM you what your roles will be.

Both day and night will generally last for 48 hours/2 days. Game starts at night.

Once the night ends, I will inform you all on who died and then as day arises, the discussions between the innocent and mafia-in-hiding will happen for the lynch.
When it is day, everyone including the mafia will have to vote on who will be lynched. But before this, the players must figure out who the mafia is and have a convincing reasons as to why this person may be the mafia and he is correct. When day ends, the person with the most votes will be lynched and his role will be revealed.

OOpS forgot to add that the mafia will have to pM me on who theyw ant to kill.

oh btw, i think the discussions should be on this thread..eh idk. first time so ye.

IF YOU DIE. YOU DIE. DO NOT JOIN INTO THE DISCUSSION. U just be quiet.
Get it? If not..ask.

PLEASE DO NOT:
-Post after death. Do not post any game-changing information that'll ruin the whole game.
-Ruin the game by telling the innocents who the other mafia members are.
-Logging into someone's account to be able to know their role.
-Share a PM from narrator/moderator to the other players.

-and other things that'll just ruin the game :-( not fun :[

& i hope people join in aha..

Players:
1. ash280103
2. Marc
3. Nova
4. 3dsatackman
5. Icemario
6. PersonSP
7.jams3223
8.DarkLord

I will post who got killed, when the day ends, when the night ends, etc mostly around after 4-5pm at GMT+11 AUS, Sydney time!

Hope there aren't going to be fights or anything lel

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyElf and Marc
ill play

Sure il join

oh btw, i think the discussions should be on this thread..eh idk. first time so ye.
Usually this is considered the lounge of sorts, where pre-game and post-game discussion goes. Another thread is made for the actual game once it is ready.

That said, that's just how I and others have went about with Mafia games. It's really up to you how you want to do this.

And of course I'd sign up for this.

Count me in! I know both the Dutch and the Italian version of the game. :) (I know Both the extended version of the Dutch game and an international mix of different rule-sets.)

By the way idea for a very funny role to add (I took it from the Dutch version): Cupid. In the first night, he wakes up before everyone else and links two players together. He then falls back asleep. (Meaning that the players will not know who coupled them.) These players will be notified that they are madly in love. If one of them dies the other one kills himself/herself. When they are both innocent/ both Mafiosi it does not change much about the game but if Cupid makes a couple out of an innocent and a Mafiosi their goal will be to eliminate all other players so that their love is safe. NOTE: The lovers may not tell each other their roles. Cupid is not allowed to vie their roles he/she may merely select to players to be a couple. Cupid may only select a couple on the first night, after that he is just an innocent.

Few questions: In the Dutch version, after someone dies their role is revealed. This is not the case with the Italian version. What rules do apply to the dead? Also I assume we may not discuss the roles apart from the general chat as that would allow the Mafiosi to prepare all sorts of things leaving the innocent completely powerless. I assume the detective does ask their question to the moderator in a private conversation?

Count me in! I know both the Dutch and the Italian version of the game. :) (I know Both the extended version of the Dutch game and an international mix of different rule-sets.)

By the way idea for a very funny role to add (I took it from the Dutch version): Cupid. In the first night, he wakes up before everyone else and links two players together. He then falls back asleep. (Meaning that the players will not know who coupled them.) These players will be notified that they are madly in love. If one of them dies the other one kills himself/herself. When they are both innocent/ both Mafiosi it does not change much about the game but if Cupid makes a couple out of an innocent and a Mafiosi their goal will be to eliminate all other players so that their love is safe. NOTE: The lovers may not tell each other their roles. Cupid is not allowed to vie their roles he/she may merely select to players to be a couple. Cupid may only select a couple on the first night, after that he is just an innocent.

Few questions: In the Dutch version, after someone dies their role is revealed. This is not the case with the Italian version. What rules do apply to the dead? Also I assume we may not discuss the roles apart from the general chat as that would allow the Mafiosi to prepare all sorts of things leaving the innocent completely powerless. I assume the detective does ask their question to the moderator in a private conversation?

Ok. When someone is killed by the mafia in this version, their role is not told to the others. But if a person does from a lynch then their role is told.
The dead cannot really say anything, do anything and yea/
I'll post when the detective PM's me and say who they want 'investigated' and if it's a mafia, i'll say yes. If it isn't, I'll say no.

Usually this is considered the lounge of sorts, where pre-game and post-game discussion goes. Another thread is made for the actual game once it is ready.

That said, that's just how I and others have went about with Mafia games. It's really up to you how you want to do this.

And of course I'd sign up for this.
Oooh, okay yea, I should just do this.

I'm gonna get killed off first for sure but what the heck, I'll give it a go :p

@Artisan @SaToRi @3dsatackman @Nova

I love Mafia! Im gonna join!

Sure il join

Greaaat

anyone else?

I'll play this game seems fun.

can I join?

soo who died ?

We did not start yet:confused: