Main evolutions from Smash64 to Smash Ultimate

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hiya peeps! P2.0 here coming atcha with another topic thingy for the Smash Bros. \o/

Smash has went through some changes throughout the years ( For better or worse. Looking at you nerfing-complainers :p ), but one thing that has been pretty good is the character roster! Started off small, but gradually grew to be quite expansive, huh? :eek: And everybody has a character who, when in their use, can dominate people on the battlefield. *^* It's a character where everyone has to bring their A-game, or be crushed.

So my question for you guys is, from Smash 64 to Ultimate ( Or wherever you started playing the series ), who are your mains? :eek:

Reactions: Samster
It’s acutally kinda funny, my mains changed for every single game in the series, lol :p

In Smash 64, Samus was my gurl. She felt balanced, and easy for beginners. So, when I first started the game, I chose her, and then kinda mastered her. From then on, either Samus or Link was my main choice. Then came Super Smash Bros Melee. I was super excited to play as Samus once again, but then found out that they totally changed her move set. .-.

So, I decided to try Link, and he was really fun for a while. But when I unlocked Young Link, everything changed. He was my boy, and I used him more times than I can count. Next up, we had Super Smash Bros Brawl. One of the best games of it’s time, with the introduction of Subspace Emissary, and even more new characters. My main quickly changed to Sonic, cause he was amazing, and cause IT WAS MY DUTY TO PLAY AS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAME CHARACTERS. Anyway...

Then came the game everybody had been waiting for. Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U was by far, an awesome, amazing game. It was the first time that Smash bros could be taken on the go with the 3DS, and the Wii U version was excellent for parties or groups of friends. My main immediately changed to Bowser, mainly because of his side grab, and his undeniably fun move set. He was one of the characters I could easily win as, and have fun while doing it.

Now, the mother of all games. Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch. As we all know by this point, I fell in love with Dark Samus the first time I used her. It was like this character was made specifically for me. Now, don’t get me wrong, I enjoy playing as characters such as Isabelle or Ridley, but Dark Samus is my main for certain.

And I believe that’s it! Those are all my mains, from Smash 64, all the way to Ultimate! Here’s to Smash! *^*

Reactions: P2.0
It’s acutally kinda funny, my mains changed for every single game in the series, lol :p

In Smash 64, Samus was my gurl. She felt balanced, and easy for beginners. So, when I first started the game, I chose her, and then kinda mastered her. From then on, either Samus or Link was my main choice. Then came Super Smash Bros Melee. I was super excited to play as Samus once again, but then found out that they totally changed her move set. .-.

So, I decided to try Link, and he was really fun for a while. But when I unlocked Young Link, everything changed. He was my boy, and I used him more times than I can count. Next up, we had Super Smash Bros Brawl. One of the best games of it’s time, with the introduction of Subspace Emissary, and even more new characters. My main quickly changed to Sonic, cause he was amazing, and cause IT WAS MY DUTY TO PLAY AS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAME CHARACTERS. Anyway...

Then came the game everybody had been waiting for. Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U was by far, an awesome, amazing game. It was the first time that Smash bros could be taken on the go with the 3DS, and the Wii U version was excellent for parties or groups of friends. My main immediately changed to Bowser, mainly because of his side grab, and his undeniably fun move set. He was one of the characters I could easily win as, and have fun while doing it.

Now, the mother of all games. Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch. As we all know by this point, I fell in love with Dark Samus the first time I used her. It was like this character was made specifically for me. Now, don’t get me wrong, I enjoy playing as characters such as Isabelle or Ridley, but Dark Samus is my main for certain.

And I believe that’s it! Those are all my mains, from Smash 64, all the way to Ultimate! Here’s to Smash! *^*
Snap, boi! That was an intensive history of your mains, holy heck! :eek:

In Smash 64, it was Mario and Pikachu. I used to trap people in Mario Tornado a lot before dealing a death blow, and Pikachu was so fast, I could deliver some good combos~

In Melee, nobody played like how they did, so I was randomly using characters, not having any luck. ...Until I unlocked Marth. *^* I started learning his moves very fast, and whenever I brought him out, that's when peeps knew I was getting serious, lol.

Brawl had Marth, so of course he was my main. :p But I also started to use Lucas, and he quickly became my second main. ( Don't worry, I didn't spam PK Freeze. I actually fought, lol. ;) ) And I started to hone my skills with them. I think I used Sheik sometimes, but that was only for fun, mostly.

In Smash 3DS ( Not U, cuz we never got that one ), It was Marth, ZSS, Sheik, and Toon Link. I sadly never got Lucas' dlc. :( But with those 4, I started getting slightly better. I'm rusty as all get out now, though. :p

I'm still saving for Ultimate, but if those move -sets haven't changed much, those 4 will be my mains. Unless someone else grabs my fancy. :eyes:

Smash forever!! *^*

Reactions: Samster

Is dark samus still your main :panda:

Yo this isn't even fair because they didn't decide to have a balanced roster until Smash 4.

Melee: Marth because he's the only good character as he gets rewarded for good spacing. Same with Jigglypuff only she has short range and is way lighter.

Brawl: Olimar because you know he's busted if he gets 7 Pikmin and his only real weakness was his recovery. Lucas was also one of my more played characters because he has strong attacks and projectiles and a similar weakness to Olimar.

Smash 4: The game that made Pit a more viable character is a reason why I mained him. Olimar got a better recovery but less Pikmin making him harder to camp with but still a harder character to punish. I also liked Duck Hunt later in more than Ultimate but my Olimar was my best character. Rosalina is my main counterpick when I'm in a rough matchup which usually helps like say when I'm against Mario or Luigi.

Ultimate: With so many characters how do I choose my best ones? It's easy. Look for the buffs. In that case Pit because he gets kills from forward air, dash attack, and side B (besides the basic forward throw and back air) and with more combos and mixups with nair why not use him. Ridley is sort of like a heavier/stronger Pit so I'm currently trying him but he's not as good as Pit or buffed Olimar.

So yeah my mains haven't changed after Melee but mainly because I'm more familiar with them.

I main Bowser, Inkling, Sonic, Ness, and trying to main Shulk. My secondary mains are Pokémon Trainer, Lucas, and Mii Gunner. I took on all of those mains/secondary mains (except for Sonic) in Ultimate. I mained Sonic in Smash 4. I don’t have any tertiary mains. As you can see, I mainly main/secondary main annoying characters. Yes, I consider myself good (or at least decent). I don’t really spam that much (about 90% of the time I don’t and the other times are against my friends. We have spam battles. Have you guys ever heard of/ played those types of mini-games before? Just wondering.)I only chose annoying characters (or at least semi-annoying)to go up against spammers/other annoying characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back