(Main Series) Would you want this in the next Pokemon game?

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
Would you like the ability to change the Pokeball your Pokémon is in? Maybe you want a Lunatone in a Moon Ball or you just caught this great legendary like Xerneas in a Quick Ball and you want to give it to Marc and he says he doesn't want it in an ugly ball. Would you limit the ability tp change a Pokeball to certain Pokémon only you've just bred and limit it to the Pokeballs you have in stock (so if you're out of Master Balls you can't put your Magikarp in a Master Ball). Would you put a price on it or would you design an item to trade for it like Bottle Caps?

Changing the pokeball a pokemon has would be nice, but unlike Marc I don't think any ball is ugly : P. What I do want is for the champion of this game to have a bigger role in it, like Cynthia in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Cynthia always felt like a good champion while the other ones show up like once or twice and pretend to help progress the story. Also I really wanna be able to run around in the overworld with other players! Not just in the Union Room like in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. I think that's be a cool way to make it seem like the world is really populated by real people... and not those NPCs who just said one word Like "Hello" or "Alola" or "What's up!" and then run away and have absolutely no purpose...

Also I really wanna be able to run around in the overworld with other players! Not just in the Union Room like in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. I think that's be a cool way to make it seem like the world is really populated by real people... and not those NPCs who just said one word Like "Hello" or "Alola" or "What's up!" and then run away and have absolutely no purpose...
So you want online Entralink with voicechat like VRChat? Yeah that would be nice but you could limit it to just friends and a limited number of friends to join as it might not be good for the system to have more unless it was on the Switch so the battery doesn't go dead fsst. Festival Plaza got the basics down and XYORAS had the features down (like Voice Chat during battles which no one uses but close friends) but physically BW was better even though it took forever to get connected.

So you want online Entralink with voicechat like VRChat? Yeah that would be nice but you could limit it to just friends and a limited number of friends to join as it might not be good for the system to have more unless it was on the Switch so the battery doesn't go dead fsst. Festival Plaza got the basics down and XYORAS had the features down (like Voice Chat during battles which no one uses but close friends) but physically BW was better even though it took forever to get connected.
Yea sorta like that. Definitely only like up to 4 or 8 players at a time, and only those on your friends list. It seems unlikely due switch's... App for voice chat -.- Anyhow XYORAS had it down, and it looked like they were preparing for having multiple people in-game at the same time! They had little symbols above your head for certain actions that other players might have been able to read, like for saving.

Considering I have a huge collection of Rare Ball Pokemon, I would absolutely hate being able to change the ball! It'd make my whole collection and hundreds of hours of collecting pointless. D: Seriously, the day you can change the ball your Pokemon is in is the day I quit Pokemon. VC in XY/ORAS was pretty cool, but I almost never used it. I had other ways of communicating with my friends, and I'm not a fan of talking to strangers. The Entralink was awesome, though! Playing mini-games with friends was fun, and the DW was so cool! I'd definitely like something like that to come back in the next generation.

Reactions: Mr. Kream
Personally I wouldn't want it. There's a level of achievement tied to a Pokemon proportional to the ball that you caught it in. I remember back when I was in 5th grade, I was trying for the life of me to catch Groudon in Emerald and simply couldn't during my lunch break. It was frustrating. Then my friend wanted to give it a shot. Since I only had Poke Balls left, I gave him five shots to catch it with a Poke Ball; he did it in three. I was awestruck as to the luck of him managing to pull that off.

Now, if you had the ability to change Poke Balls like that, such an achievement would lose meaning since anyone could just change that into a Poke Ball or something else impressive, and it would be merely written off as a false claim. Plus, Cherish Ball Event Pokemon would be significantly harder to identify whether they're real or not.

Personally I'd have to agree with @buckembarnes on this subject. While my collection is small by comparison of special or matching Pokeballs to Pokemon; I'd much rather decorate the Pokeball with stickers like in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. If I remember correctly you could purchase and earn special stickers through out the story. An alphabet of stickers and special effects were possible to put on the Pokeball and see those effects when you used the Pokemon in battle.

What I would like to see would be being able to trade said stickers on the Pokeball or trade the stickers like hold items on Pokemon.

Reactions: Mr. Kream and Pandaxclone2
Yes!! I loved that part of the game! I loved throwing the Pokeballs and seeing the mess of stickers as they popped out! That's part of why I was so excited for S/M when I saw the leaked Ball animations! I remember you got a letter for each Unown you caught, so I spent so much time trying to catch them all, haha. It'd be a great way to personalize your Pokemon, as well as lengthening playtime by trying to collect the ones you wanted. Another thing that'd be cool if they brought back was the medals from BW2. You could display your favorite in your profile. I believe mine was something like "Trash Master" because I'd always look in the trashcans for items. BW2 also had the theater where you'd make movies and get to watch them. I spent way too much time on those. Basically, bring back BW2, haha!

It would be great to have that feature, but Pokemon following you, multiple regions and the Battle Frontier are higher on my list.

I really want to not have to worry about not leveling to its fullest potential because I ignore the new Pokémon raising stuff. I just want to catchem all and level them to the max and when they are maxed they should be the strongest they can be (with wichever moves you chose for it.)

Back