AC:NL Major update!

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
What do you think about this major update? It adds a lot of stuff:
Discover new villagers, explore the Campground, and interact with characters—all with the tap of compatible amiibo cards or figures.

Learn more about how to use amiibo with your Nintendo 3DS family system.

For use with Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS systems, a Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/Writer accessory is required (sold separately).

character-03.png

device-3ds.png

device-laptop.png

amiibo-cards.png

New amiibo cards
roll into town 12/2

The new Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo series of cards features 50 new villagers and their campers.

See the Catalog

character-04.png

Wisp's
Wonderful Wishes

Release Wisp from his magic lamp to learn how to bring characters into your town with compatible amiibo figures or cards.

screenshot-wisp.png

• Wisp can’t stay outside the lamp for long without taking another form. Time to use an amiibo—and quick!
  • As thanks for freeing him, Wisp will grant you one wish per day.
  • What happens next depends on the amiibo you used.
character-05.png

A Hub of Activity

Hang out with Harvey at the Campground, and he’ll get you up to speed on all the features and activities that have been added to the game.

Tap compatible amiibo cards to invite specific villagers to move to your town

activity-carousel-1.png

activity-carousel-2.png

activity-carousel-5.png

meow-coupons.png

Earn, Collect, and Spend
Save your Bells—the only currency accepted at
the Campground is MEOW Coupons
(Mutual Exchange of Wealth).

screenshot-step1.png

Step #1
Earn MEOW Coupons by participating in daily and weekly initiatives.

screenshot-step2.png

Step #2
As you complete initiatives, visit the CAT Machine (Coupon Allocating Terminal) to collect your MEOW Coupons.

screenshot-step3.png

Step #3
Use your MEOW Coupons to obtain items at the Campground.

screenshot-step4.png

Step #4
You can receive MEOW Coupons as a special gifts, too!

character-06.png

Minigames, Too!
Experience the fun of Animal Crossing-themed minigames when you use MEOW Coupons to buy a Wii U™ console (in-game item) or New Nintendo 3DS XL or New Nintendo 3DS system (in-game item).

screenshot-puzzle.png

Animal Crossing Puzzle League
Tap compatible Animal Crossing series amiibo figures while playing this fast-paced minigame to use that character’s special move.

screenshot-desert-island.png

Desert Island Escape
This popular minigame is from the Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival game. You can tap compatible Animal Crossing series amiibo figures or cards to play as the depicted characters.

character-07.png

This Home Just
Got Happier

character-08.png

You can link your physical or digital version of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game to Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo to gain access to 20 giant furniture items only available in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. Only one Nintendo 3DS system needed!

screenshot-happy.png

Say "Cheese!"
Snap photos of your player character alongside your town’s villagers and
amiibo characters in front of your real-world background.

group-photo.png

screenshot-pic.png

Take a pic with up to 10 villagers
and 4 players.

screenshot-customize.png

Customize the player characters’ poses
and expressions.

I think that this is a really good way to bring a really good game back into the spotlight :)

Btw this update is a little over 2000 blocks

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiki
If I don't have/care about amiibo is the update still worth it? Does it add anything to the game? I have it and have been meaning to play for ages, this could be the push towards it

If I don't have/care about amiibo is the update still worth it? Does it add anything to the game? I have it and have been meaning to play for ages, this could be the push towards it
If you exclude amiibos then it's still worth updating/buying the game. You have a campground that a special character (like Pave, Chip, etc.) visits every day and you can even order their furniture (only three per day however). Aside from that you have new daily quests you can tackle to earn some coupons to buy said furniture ^^
Edit: I forgot to mention that if you have Happy Home Designer you can link those two games and then use the giant items from HHD in your ACNL game. Also if you paid all your house loans Tom Nooks will give you a secret storage room for storing all your stuff that dont fit in your dresser :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc, Ashkil and 3dsatackman
Like @Livada said there are lots of things to do even if you dont have amiibo! And the secret storage is the three times the size as your normal inventory(there are 4 sections each with 9 pages!). I would really recommend the update if you have the storage space on your sd card

Epic :D To bad my 3ds is on it's last legs and I can barley play it without a "The game card has been removed!" poping up every 5 minutes. I don't even have a nfc rader so i cant get the splatoon items ;-: For my birthday I'll have to get a NEW 3ds system... *sits in a corner crying*

I like the new initiatives. It gives something else to do after my daily stuff. Seriously can't wait to get those new 3DS/Wii U items.. anyone know how to get 'em?

I personally love the update. I love how if your town tree is good enough to sit on it you can then sell your town. You can also keep your catolog and public works projects except the actuall buildings like the roost. I love the idea of Amiibo and how you can get characters like Gannon epona and wolf link.

I like the update because it allows for me to do more than just do little hobbies for money, now it allows for me to earn other things that i can get from amibos (sorry if i spelled that wrong) and allow for them to move in to your town. I like this idea because of the ability to do more things in a great game.

Now that it has been a while since this is out, I would say that this is interesting, but could be better.

A major thing is that MEOW Coupons are a bit too rare, as compared to the prices of items. i get they are meant to be that way, but at least they could have been more ways to get Meow Coupons.

The Amiibo functionality sounds cool, but Amiibo cards seem too pricey and not worth it. It would be cool to have friends for a few trades tho :D

The other things (that don't involve Amiibos) are actually great! They add something new to an already fun game!

I remember when this update first came out, just how interesting it was to me that Nintendo was putting out a free update that was almost as good as paid DLC. Well, I guess you can count the Amiibos as a form of "paid DLC", but only in the sense that you have to pay for them, and that they are not fully necessary to enjoy the game.

When this update first came out, it definitely got me back into Animal Crossing New Leaf as a whole. In fact, since then, I think I’ve restarted my town at least three to four times now. The addition of MEOW coupons was pretty cool, as well as the daily initiatives, which kept you coming back every single day. And let’s not forget the 3DS XL and Wii U items that could let you play fun minigames! And Wisp, too! Ah, the memories...

Reactions: Shiny
Back