RMT / Team Help Making a Rain Team

• Thread starter Tarro57
  • Start date
Tarro57

Tarro57

Please don't touch me
Towns Folk
Throughout Pokemon VGC, successful teams have some sort of theme to them. There are teams based on hyper offense, hyper defense, sun, sandstorms, and rain. Rain has always seemed more popular than sun and sandstorm, highly due to it's range of Pokemon. Here are some Pokemon to consider for yours based off of their abilities. Keep in mind, these Pokemon are all in OU or under.

Drizzle:

Drizzle makes the rain start as soon as the Pokemon enters the battle. The rain lasts for 5 turns.

Politoed @ Damp Rock

Possible Moves:

Scald, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Psychic, Hydro Pump, Toxic, Perish Song, Rain Dance

Politoed is the only Pokemon (besides Kyogre) who can have Drizzle. Damp Rock is held in order to elongate the rain from 5 to 8 turns.

Dry Skin:

Dry Skin lets the Pokemon heal itself slightly at the end of each turn if the rain is up. If the sun is out, the Pokemon loses HP instead. If the Pokemon is hit by a water-type move, the Pokemon will get healed.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb

Possible Moves
:
Thunder, Surf, Volt Switch, Grass Know, HP (Ice), Substitute, Parabolic Charge

Heliolisk takes advantage of the rain by healing itself and by having Thunder never miss. Surf also gets a boost by the rain.

Toxicroak @ Focus Sash

Possible Moves
:
Drain Punch, Fake Out, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch, Substitute

Hydration:

Goodra @ Assault Vest/Leftovers

Possible Moves
:
Dragon Pulse, Rest, Infestation, Sludge Bomb, Rain Dance

Lapras

Vaporeon

Rain Dish:

Ludicolo

Blastoise

Swift Swim:

Ludicolo

Carracosta

Seismitoad

Kingdra

I will continue editing this as I can, I know that there is still a lot I have not put in, and I will get to finishing it.

Last edited:
No swift swim gyarados/10

you can have a swift swim Kingdra

Oh,it used to be able to.

Making a rain team is certainly very interesting in VGC 2014. It's not like in the last where the weather would go on infinitely, unless interrupted by another weather or Cloud Nine/ Air Lock. Now, it will finish after 5-8 turns.

Personally, I believe you would have to be very careful with a rain team simply because Politoed, being the only Drizzle mon that is legal, activates it's weather immediately, compared to Charizard Y who can activate it at a later stage upon mega evolving. What I mean is that say Politoed + Ludicolo came up vs Charizard + Venusaur. Politoed would activate rain, but if Charizard mega evolved to Char Y, Politoed + Ludicolo would immediately be at a disadvantage.

That's why Char Y is seen a little bit more than Politoed. Is also why the Eject Button has been sprinting up in certain. Politoed sets here and there.

Reactions: Marc and CrazyElf
I like the idea of using Drizzle with Dry Skin! That is very smart. Although you should add a Swift Swim like everyone else is saying. I always get beaten by a Ludicolo for some reason. Whenever I show up with a grass-type, it gets me with ice beam. I might plan on making a Sunlight Team. :p

all you ahve to do is copy N's rain team

You can do a EPIC MAGIKARP SWEEP with that xD
Yours Pokémons should be defensive with baton pass to boost attack and speed of Magikarp.

You know what is amazing, with swift swim, Magikarp doubled his speed.

I am really sure that can outspeed Deoxys-S

A video of that can make you in the idea lol

This can rage yours friends. lol

But this is hard to make that :(

Tip: Do it with a shiny Magikarp xD

Last edited:
Now that ORAS has been released, Mega Swampert is definitely a Pokemon that should be considered for a rain team, whether its in Singles or VGC.

You can do a EPIC MAGIKARP SWEEP with that xD
Yours Pokémons should be defensive with baton pass to boost attack and speed of Magikarp.

You know what is amazing, with swift swim, Magikarp doubled his speed.

I am really sure that can outspeed Deoxys-S

A video of that can make you in the idea lol

This can rage yours friends. lol

But this is hard to make that :(
OOOH pimpnite

Yeah the user's name is PIMPNITE lol

Reactions: blinboy
Back