Making Your Own Movie

• Thread starter 4362
  • Start date

Yaaaaaaaadooooooooooon
Towns Folk
So,is anyone here up to making a Movie?
I plan to eventually do that sometime in the future,nothing that would make me rich, just one for the sake of making one.
If you havent toguht about it yet,no fear anyone can make a film that is enjoyable in some way,it doesnt even need a high budget.(There are films that were made for 100$ at most)

I'm thinking of starting a line of stories in short-film animations, with which to one day string together for a long-<censored> movie of about one-hundred and twenty minutes or more - for more, I'd have to split them into two movies. I figure it makes sense.

Although free animation software is hard to come by, and I'm just not sure what to spend money on if I have to.
FTR, I'm just up to the theoretical one-day-I-will-do-it-later thing. Nothing actual done outside of rough strokes of plot.

I'd like to do a short YouTube show about a vigilante who fights crime, it will probably only happen once I have enough good actors, somewhere to film that doesn't suck and maybe some VFX skills.

I'd also like to do a show about an alien invasion, only this one's story is split between a resistance on Earth and a group of people in space who have a spaceship that the aliens want for reasons - that one would actually need a lot of resources and I'd describe it as a mix between TNT's The Last Ship, Falling Skies and Stargate Universe.

All I've done for both is think about the main plot and episode ideas, I doubt I'd actually even write anything unless I knew it was definitely happening and besides, I'm really lazy.

Back