Mario Characters Without Comebacks

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
There have been many Mario games but some characters barely make any Mario appearances. Namely these three. I was thinking maybe to include Donkey Kong Jr. but I'm sure some people can agree DK Jr. is now the new DK.
Wart - SMB2 (USA)/SMB2 Advance
200px-Wart_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_Bros_2.png

Tatanga - SML and SML2
Tatanga.GIF

Stanley - Greenhouse G&W & Donkey Kong 3 (Fact of the Day: the composer of DK3 also composed music from an AWESOME series.)
This game stinks.
StanleyTheBugman.jpg

As the RPG Mario series are all known for not bringing back characters I can understand their deal but these guys aren't invited to any Mario spin-offs or main series Mario titles. So they are just there...doing their own thing. Nintendo just doesn't want to bring back characters from less successful games I guess because all the games listed above were completely different (I'm not counting SML2) from the games before them with the only thing that makes them the same is their platformer roots.

I'd enjoy seeing all of them again, Wart in particular! Super Mario Bros. 2 is a bit underrated for a Mario game (to the extent that any Mario game is underrated) and Wart was a fun enemy.

I'd like to see Birdo again, since she hasn't starred in any Mario games for a while. Any of these enemies though would beat Bowser and his minions because they're really stale now. If these characters do make a return, Nintendo should make sure they are still difficult to defeat because a lot of Mario games nowadays are too easy to beat and offer minimal challenge from the boss battles.

I'd like to see Birdo again, since she hasn't starred in any Mario games for a while. Any of these enemies though would beat Bowser and his minions because they're really stale now. If these characters do make a return, Nintendo should make sure they are still difficult to defeat because a lot of Mario games nowadays are too easy to beat and offer minimal challenge from the boss battles.
I didn't add her because Birdo has been in M&L Superstar Saga and the other spin-off titles like say the sports/kart games. Yes, the Subcon characters need a reappearance in another Mario platformer 2D or 3D.

Reactions: ny22
Plz come back Wart!!

Dude those three characters I have like never seen :p I think I remember wart from a Mario game I've played before but I'm not sure... But yea, I think they are pretty much long forgotten.

I miss those characters. A character I really like that only appeared one was Mr.L from Super Paper Mario, but I don't know how he could make a comeback though.
120px-Mr_L_Render.png

I didn't add her because Birdo has been in M&L Superstar Saga and the other spin-off titles like say the sports/kart games. Yes, the Subcon characters need a reappearance in another Mario platformer 2D or 3D.

Birdo was also in Mario Kart Wii... As well as this:
KPPq6PB.png

Tatanga was somewhat of a challenge since his projectiles were coming from all directions it seemed like. As formidable as Tatanga was, he shouldn't have a comeback simply because a lot of Mario newbies (and even some vets) won't know who the crap he is unless he is referenced lol.

I agree with @Magitroopa . They should bring Birdo back. Birdo was in Mario Kart Wii, but the only game I've seen her in since then was Paper Mario: Sticker Star, in just a brief cameo appearance. Come back Birdo!

I think Daisy needs more attention in the main series games. Yes yes Peach is fine to kidnap every once in a while, but why not make it double the challenge but throwing Daisy into the mix?

It would be nice to see a game where Wart comes back and breaks the fourth wall like a Banjo and Kazooie game and announces his return to defeat the Mario characters, but wasn't that all just Mario's dream in sMB2? Hmm, I'm surprised he wasn't even mentioned in Dream Team it would of made sense to of at least referenced him, huh I wonder why Nintendo is neglecting Wart he'd be a cool villain, though he was pretty lame as a boss fight, it could use some touch ups

I think it would be nice to see a comeback from Waluigi. He was kicked out of the roster after Mario Kart Wii, and I would like to see him come back. :p

I think it would be nice to see a comeback from Waluigi. He was kicked out of the roster after Mario Kart Wii, and I would like to see him come back. :p
I have a hypothesis that Waluigi had the same purpose as Pink Gold Peach in Mario Tennis. Just to be a new character. Perhaps he is unloved but he had no real significant purpose either, only appearing in spin-offs, being an anti and exaggerated Luigi by being a literal nobody. So sure Walugi should make cameos, but that's going to be his only purpose in life.

Count Bleck and the villain team from Super Paper Mario
SPMvillains.jpg

Count Bleck and the villain team from Super Paper Mario
SPMvillains.jpg
Once again they aren't in the mainseries.

Back