Mario Golf: Super Rush coming to the Switch this June

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Mario Golf: Super Rush has been confirmed to come to the Nintendo Switch June 25th, 2021. I don't think there's been a Mario Golf game since the DS game from way back in 2014. This Mario Gold game will have both local and online multiplayer; I'm not too surprised by that tho.

Announcement Trailer:

Looks like there will be motion controls according to the video. That's awesome :D

Highlights from the trailer ar Speed Golf and Story Mode. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the racing in Speed Golf but we'll see how that plays out. Story Mode looks nice but I'm hoping there are more modes rather than this by itself.

I've never really played a Mario Golf game and I sure as heck wasn't expecting one for the Switch. I wonder how well it'll do compared to Mario Tennis Aces. I haven't heard much about that game some weeks after its release.. it's like it just died down a day.

So what do you think about Mario Gold: Super Rush from what we know so far?

Speed Golf is going to be a hit so hard they need to do it professionally in real life or else I'll call it boring and not watch. Looks fun but if I wanted to play Mario Golf I'd do it on my 3DS virtual console where it's an RPG and actually creative. Hopefully unlocking things won't be so hard like Toadstool Tour where you could spend a lifetime not unlocking a single character it's so hard only a bot could do it. I think it feels like whenever there's a golf Mario game there has to be a tennis game. They should totally include the nameable protagonists from GBC and GBA but instead we got Miis. Feels like all we're missing is... well soccer was done in the Olympic compilation so... please stop making them Nintendo you've done it for it feels like every console. Oh yeah Mario Kart 9 should be the next one right. :D

I like that there are a variety of modes. I think that’s essential for the game to be enjoyed by more than just golf fans.

Story mode could be cool, but it’s probably not as in-depth as I’d like when it comes to an actual plot. It looks like a golf mode with RPG stat growth rather than an actual “story”.

Speed golf might be fun. I’m afraid the power-ups will favor people that are losing, like in Mario Kart, which could ruin the mode for me.

Motion controls would be interesting for a few minutes, but I highly doubt you’re going to be able to control your shots nearly as well.

Wario in golf pants and a cowboy hat is great too.

THIS GAME LOOKS HYPE AF! I'm a little nervous about the story mode but we will see. If it's weak and generic then it might kinda be let down, but I was encouraged by what I saw in the trailer

I was never interested in Mario Golf but this seriously looks really fun. I especially love the idea of a story mode. For some reason the story mode overworld reminds me of the one in mario maker 2.

Speed golf looks really fun too. Golf on steroids. Woohoo!

I wonder if switch lite users will have more trouble due to the lack of detachable joycons. Or maybe this is gonna be like 1-2 switch, where you cannot play the software at all if you have a switch lite.

This is the type of story mode I want from a Mario Sports game!!!!! I used to love the story mode of Mario Tennis for the GBA since you get to play as your own character and not a Mario character. Plus the whole story of being a rookie player and rising through the ranks is my favorite tropes.

Ngl, I was really disappointed with the story of Mario Tennis Aces back in 2018....so this new Mario Golf looks really promising to me!

Another Mario sports game? Definitely didn't see that coming. Definitely the best, most innovative part of the Direct. Can't wait for this new triple A masterpiece of a game to solve world hunger.

...Okay, I have never played a Mario sports game in my life. But I've always seen it as Nintendo's equivalent of bands using filler songs when they need to pad time on their albums. They seem to announce one every Direct then they get mostly forgotten a month after release.

it is always a brightener of days to discover a new mario sports game to be announced in a direct they are childhood favorites of many people out there.
i really enjoy these but as of gamecube days havent gotten any since then.
this game does look like quite the pretty gem.
i would for sure have fun with this game and its modes.
i do like the mario golf and tennis games a lot, while inwould not buy a new game system for these games now , i would back in the days of gamecube and wii for sure.

Back