Mario Is Missing! (SNES)

• Thread starter Dragon Lord
  • Start date
Dragon Lord

Dragon Lord

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Did anyone ever play this game? For those who don't know what it is, here is some information on the game:

Mario Is Missing! is an educational game created for MS-DOS, the SNES, and the NES. The gameplay was widely panned by critics, although its Super Mario World music remixes have gained recognition. Mario Is Missing! was released in floppy disk format for MS-DOS in 1992, with the CD-ROM Deluxe edition and console versions released the following year. A follow-up called Mario's Time Machine was eventually produced. This is the first game where Luigi is the main protagonist, and puts Mario in a supporting role.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bowser decides to flood the Earth using hairdryers from Hafta Havit Mail-Order to melt Antarctica. In order to buy the hairdryers, Bowser has his Koopa Troopas travel all over the world and steal various important landmarks that he plans to sell.

Mario, Luigi and Yoshi follow Bowser to Antarctica to stop him, but when Mario goes on ahead he is captured by Bowser. The PC version is the most elaborate: Luigi is too scared to go inside the castle, so Mario enters alone. Despite Luigi's warnings against taking candy from strangers, Mario eats some candy offered to him by Bowser (disguised as a butler), and is then scooped up in a net. In the SNES version, a pit opens up beneath him when the group reaches the castle, while in the NES version, a Koopa throws a bag over him as he walks through the snow and ice.

With Mario captured, the task of returning all the stolen artifacts and saving both his brother and Earth falls to Luigi, who bravely enters the castle, leaving Yoshi outside.

Not the best Mario game ever made, however I always thought it was interesting and was good for at least one playthrough.

Sounds interesting. It's one of those games that you have never heard of unless someone tells you about it. xD

looks like he's not the main character in this one. What a change that makes! xD

Yeah, it's kind of like Mario Paint in that I wouldn't say either were good games, but they were both... interesting. Here's a Youtube video showing some of the gameplay:

look i...interesting! maybe nintendo can remake this game like ''mario is missing 3D'' or ''mario is missing HD'' with new story and better graphic. too many mario game, it's luigi time!

After seeing what it's about (on a AVGN video) it wouldn't appeal to me and I doubt there would be a sequel. I'd never want to complete that game. Too boring to be even called a game. I shouldn't need to be educated to play a Mario game.

I played that game at my uncles before. It was terrible.

Ugh this game tricked me into thinking I was getting something good only to blow me away with how awful it was.

Every time nintendo makes an "educational" game there in it gor the money

Back