Mario Kart Mario Kart 7 also gets the Red Casing.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Mario Kart 8 is right around the corner and for the new Wii U title, it gets a Mario Kart 8 red casing, but that's not the only Mario Kart game that's getting the red treatment, Mario Kart 7 showcases a new red casing also. Though, this has not been officially confirmed, I'll update it whenever it has been.

"Spotted by an eagle-eyed member on NeoGaf, new copies of Mario Kart 7 will be sold to the gaming public with a matching red case." MyNintendoNews

mario_kart_7_red.png

Let me know what you guys think, should they have just left the 3DS casing alone, and give the Wii U Mario Kart 8 the red case glory?

I find thatthe fact that the Wii U box is red makes it ugly... (because of the mix with the blue "Wii U"and the red:vomit:). And I don't really understand the point of the red case for MK7. Do you think that the launch of MK8 will make MK7 sell more?

I find thatthe fact that the Wii U box is red makes it ugly... (because of the mix with the blue "Wii U"and the red:vomit:). And I don't really understand the point of the red case for MK7. Do you think that the launch of MK8 will make MK7 sell more?
I thought I was the only one who disliked the Red and Blue mashup, looked rather out of place, but it was cool to see the box red casing, they could have changed the front image. I think it will actually, not by much, boost the sales, plus Mario Kart 7 has now been permanently price slashed (in NA) from $40US to $30US, which I think will raise sales too. I'm not sure if Nintendo is planning to bundle the two games together (would be awesome if they do), I'm guessing probably that's why both are red. :)

It looks like the cheap version of PS3 games -_-

:hilarious::facepalm: When you look at it like that, it does. I'm hoping that there is some kind of reason for the Mario Kart 7 game being showed in red, hopefully a bundle of both games (Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 7)

I don't care for it (the case I mean ... I love the game!)

They put classic DS Mario games in red cases years ago.

They put classic DS Mario games in red cases years ago.
Oh right, they did! :eek: I never knew that.

Red-Mario-DS-games.jpg

what does it mean when they get red case? also i wonder if they will do that for all mario games now. (i hope not though)

Ugly... Just ugly XD
I like the red DS cases, it looks nice, I don't like it much on the Wii U game case though.
what does it mean when they get red case? also i wonder if they will do that for all mario games now. (i hope not though)
No, I think it's just for Mario Kart, I'm guessing the're gonna bundle the two games together (at a price of one probably?)

What's the point in the red box? It's just ugly and the wii u red box would probably make me throw up, it's such a bad color for the box.

What's the point in the red box? It's just ugly and the wii u red box would probably make me throw up, it's such a bad color for the box.
I kinda like it on Mario Kart 7, but on the Wii U, they should have changed the front art, I think it's just a way to celebrate one of the highly anticipated Wii U game, and who knows maybe they're going to bundle Mario Kart 7 & Mario Kart 8 together.

I honestly prefer the white case over the red one on the MK7 but both of them are fine. It may be neat to collect but it's nit a big deal. It's like if shiny Pokemon were just as easy to find as regular ones and both of them were being sold. It's a matter of your favorite color. For the Wii U red color case it's like putting dark grey and white together. Pretty meh.

I honestly prefer the white case over the red one on the MK7 but both of them are fine. It may be neat to collect but it's nit a big deal. It's like if shiny Pokemon were just as easy to find as regular ones and both of them were being sold. It's a matter of your favorite color. For the Wii U red color case it's like putting dark grey and white together. Pretty meh.
I agree, they should have done something better to the Wii U casing, I kinda like the 3DS case actually, it doesn't look as bad. But they should have done something more unique to the Wii U, I think if they changed the front image to some sort, it would have looked nicer.

The red case means the nintendo select game! ( well... Its just my own opinion.) . They do it to the game like super mario galaxy and animal crossing city folk in the past.

The red case means the nintendo select game! ( well... Its just my own opinion.) . They do it to the game like super mario galaxy and animal crossing city folk in the past.
Yeah, it's mostly game that they recommend, but I thought it's way to early to do that with the 3DS games, and they only did it for one Wii U game so far, I really hope there's more to it like a bundle with Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8.

I don't care for it (the case I mean ... I love the game!)

same here. It's not that big of a deal, but having red for cases looks nice, I guess~

Back