Mario Kart Mario Kart 7 Character Stats Explained

• Thread starter GamerGoldFish
  • Start date
GamerGoldFish

GamerGoldFish

beep boop gimme da scoop
Towns Folk
There is much confusion about which Mario Kart 7 characters are the "best" or are "Over Powered", but the truth of the matter is, it really depends on the person's racing style. I know, it's hard to take in, but just read on you find out what I'm talking about. :pompus:

I tested all of the characters many times, and I have found the average stats of each character.
Read more to see what my tests have shown.

The classifications of each stat catagory are divided by WEIGHT. Here's what I mean... Look at the weight in coorelation with the other stats.

The Speed Stat:
The speed stat is one of the two mainly affected stats by character. The BIGGER the weight, the HIGHER the speed stat. The speed stat is not wha tmost people think it is. It is NOT the most important stat. The speed stat is about how fast the character and kart will go. The speed stat is most effective when high on simple maps, such as Mario Circuit.

The Acceleration Stat:
The acceleration stat is the second of the two mainly affected stats by character. With this stat, the SMALLER the weight, the HIGHER the acceleration stat. The acceleration stat, believe it or not, is more important than the speed stat. The acceleration stat is about how fast the racer can get back up to their max speed. (Speed Stat) The acceleration stat is most effective on maps that have my turns and could possibly make you stop often, such as SNES Rainbow Road, or Rosalina's Ice World. Characters with higher acceleration stat are better for newer players.

The Weight Stat:
The weight stat is exactly what everyone knows it is. The heavier the character, the higher the weight stat. The weight stat is the stat that affects everything else, especially the speed and acceleration stats.

The Handling Stat:
The handling stat is also a simple stat. The higher the handling stat, the better controled you are on the race track. The handling stat is usually not affect much in any depending on the character, thats the kart customization's job.

The Off-Road Stat:
The off-road stat is the least useless stat. No matter what, this doesn't matter, unless you are using the Monster wheels, which allows you to drift off road. This is only possible if you are going ful speed entering the off-road area.

Okay guys those were the stat explainations. Now to the characters' actual stats. As I said, there are 5 different categories of stat clasifications. Here they are. NOTE: All of these were tested with the standard kart customizations.

Mario & Luigi:
Mario and Luigi are together for this category. Their stats are all around.

Speed: 3.3/6
Aceleration: 3.6/6
Weight: 3.3/6
Handling: 2.9/6
Off-Road: 3.9/6

Peach/Yoshi/Daisy:
I personally thought these three should have been with Mario and Luigi, but whatever. Tests proved differently. Peach Yoshi and Daisy weigh slightly less altering their all-around stats a bit.

Speed: 3.3/6
Acceleration:3.6/6
Weight: 2.9/6
Handling: 3/6

Bowser/Wario/Metal Mario/Honey Queen:
I have no objections to this weight class. These characters weigh the most out of everyone, so their speed stat is through the roof.

Speed: 4/6
Acceleration: 2/6
Weight: 4.3/6
Handling: 2.6/6
Off-Road: 3.6/6

Toad/Koopa Troopa/Lakitu/Shy Guy:
I don't have any objections to this weight class either. These characters are the lightest out of everyone, so the acceleration stat is especially high.

Speed: 3/6
Acceleration: 4/6
Weight: 2.3/6
Handling: 3/6
Off-Road: 4/6

Donkey Kong/Wiggler/Rosalina:
Okay, this is just insulting. Putting Rosalina in the same weight category as freaking Donkey Kong? Ouch. These character's stats are slightly higher in acceleration than Bowser's weight class, with means they are slightly less heavier.

Speed: 3.9/6
Acceleration: 2.6/6
Weight: 3.9/6
Handling: 2.6/6

Okay guys I hope you enjoyed my help in understanding how to stats and characters work in Mario Kart 7. Follow me for more MK7 hints and reviews, as well asSSBB character faceoffs. Peace!

To be honest, you can find more detailed information simply by going on to the Super Mario Wiki considering this only covers the visible stats rather than the full picture (land/water/air speed/handling, stability, mini turbo, drift, etc.). Plus, the weight class (feather, light, medium, cruiser, heavy) is what actually decides the stats rather than the statistic itself, since that just lets you push around lighter drivers.

Agreed!

Back