Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario 3D Land?

• Thread starter Andrew13
  • Start date
A

Andrew13

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
I've seen playtroughs of 3D World on youtube. Would that hinder my enjoyment of Land?

I have no IRL friends with a 3DS, so local isn't something I'll be doing. Is the online races still a thing, or was it killed when Kart 8 came out?

I can only get 1, so Land or Kart 7?

As someone who has played Mario Kart 7 in early 2015, the online is not dead. At the very least, you can still meet a couple of people. And I guess it gives you some tasks to do, like unlocking more parts and with dedication, the Golden Kart. As for Super Mario 3D Land, I enjoyed the time I had with it. I found it to be more enjoyable than your standard 2D Mario platformer. Either games are good choices. Although, Mario Kart 7 should be 10 dollars cheaper than 3D Land.

As someone who has played Mario Kart 7 in early 2015, the online is not dead. At the very least, you can still meet a couple of people. And I guess it gives you some tasks to do, like unlocking more parts and with dedication, the Golden Kart. As for Super Mario 3D Land, I enjoyed the time I had with it. I found it to be more enjoyable than your standard 2D Mario platformer. Either games are good choices. Although, Mario Kart 7 should be 10 dollars cheaper than 3D Land.

I don't live in USA though. Over here, both of them are the same price.

Well either would be a good choice to me. If you could get the other in a month, I'd take that.

3D Land: Extremely polished Mario game. A tad bit on thetad bit on the easy side if you use the raccoon suit all the time. Genius level design that is very fun for replaying. Otherwise, it takes about 20 hours to 100% the game and you'll never touch it again.

MK7: Much more replay value, online play.

I recommend getting 3D Land if you are looking for a very original game. And especially if you're the type of gamer who replays games for fun after 100%, simply because you enjoy them so much.

Otherwise, you may be better off with MK7.

Can't go wrong with either though.

I like Super Mario 3D land for it's awesome easter eggs, fun level, and last but not least unique and creative power ups like the Tanooki. I recommend this game to people that like platformers or people looking for some good old nostalgia since this game brings back memories from the successful DS game from 2006 New Super Mario bros.
I also like Mario kart 7 for it's fun and challenging races, cute characters and speedy karts, and last of all online mode. My friend lended me his Mario kart game once and when I played online mode it was a blast. I recommend Mario kart 7 for people that like a hardcore and adrenaline-pumping racing game.

I can't get both, cause I want to get PSMD in the spring(Europe), so I can't get both.

If you want a game that will last you longer, get Mario Kart 7. You can play online with people, and it has better replay value.

Mario 3D Land is an amazing game too, but it is fairly easy and even if you do try to collect all the star medals, it won't last you very long.

Land: Extremely polished. A tad bit on the easy side if you use the raccoon suit all the time. Genius level design that is very fun for replaying. Otherwise, it takes about 20 hours to 100% the game and you'll never touch it again.

MK7: Much more replay value, online play.

I recommend getting 3D Land if you are looking for a very original game. And especially if you're the type of gamer who replays games for fun after 100%, simply because you enjoy them so much.

Otherwise, you may be better off with MK7

I recommend you getting Mario Kart 7, It will last longer. Plus you can play with people and try to get parts for your kart

3D Land is a very simple and easy game, it wont last you very long.

Both are really good, but I suggest you get Mario Kart 7, as you will be playing multiplayer mostly online and not local. The online races are still alive and kicking, plus you have the Mario Kart community here to find people to play with (doesn't even need to exchange friend codes)! I has lots of replay value and it's pretty fun too! It doesn't take too long to complete it, but once you do, you have the online, so there's nothing to worry about! Just know that neither MK7 nor 3D Land will keep you hooked on for too long though. You will play a lot, but if you don't play some other games alongside these, you'll get bored easily! Just a heads up.

I'd say Mario Kart 7 since online racing is still something that is quite active and fun it makes that game have a spectacular replay value. I got MK7 from the Club Nintendo platinum rewards and even playing today I find a good amount of people online. Super Mario 3d Land is also good but I suggest going for MK7 more :D

3D Land: Extremely polished. A tad bit on the easy side if you use the raccoon suit all the time. Genius level design that is very fun for replaying. Otherwise, it takes about 20 hours to 100% the game and you'll never touch it again. MK7: Much more replay value, online play. I recommend getting 3D Land if you are looking for a very original game. And especially if you're the type of gamer who replays games for fun after 100%, simply because you enjoy them so much.

If you want an original game, get Super Mario 3D Land... The game is really fun and has some interesting easter eggs.

If you want a game that you will play a lot, get Mario Kart 7. The online is still very active so there is always something fun to do.

Both games are equally fun and I enjoyed them both (until i lost my copy of 3D Land).

like @ShinyEevee said 3d Land is more of its own game, while Mario kart 7 has an online so you can play with others if you get bored :p

Sadly I lost my Mario 3D Land cartidge and I was only able to play a couple levels before it got lost. I hope I find it someday...

Mario land was a polished peice of fun but lacked the difficulty and amount of levels present in its sequel. Mario kart 7 lacked the polish its sequel mario kart 8 has.

Go play wii u instead XD

Back