Mario Kart Mario Kart 8 File Size Confirmed

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
EHZEsrN.png

The size of the eShop game and the save has been confirmed.
Over 4.9GB for the digital version of the game and 149MB for just the save data.

Bigger game for Wii U so far?

Bigger game for Wii U so far?
I don't think it is :
  • NBA 2K13 = 20 GB
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition = 19 GB
  • Assassin's Creed III = 17 GB
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition = 16 GB
I'll be downloading this game and yes, I have more than enough room, :headphone:

I don't think it is :
  • NBA 2K13 = 20 GB
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition = 19 GB
  • Assassin's Creed III = 17 GB
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition = 16 GB
I'll be downloading this game and yes, I have more than enough room, :headphone:

Sorry, I wanted to say bigger Nintendo game :p

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is 11.4GB.

Glad it's not too much space. I'll be downloading it at midnight on my terrible internet, so that'll take like....6 hours? Bleh. It'll be done by the time I'm ready to sleep.

I'm surprised that a game that looks so good is so low on storage amount.

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx

Nintendo is known for being amazing at compressing files.

Call of Duty Ghosts is like 35GBs.

Nintendo is known for being amazing at compressing files.

Call of Duty Ghosts is like 35GBs.

Well, actually that game has less content on the Wii U.

Well, actually that game has less content on the Wii U.

I know, I was just giving an example of how badly other companies compress their games.

You can't even download Ghosts on Wii U.

I know, I was just giving an example of how badly other companies compress their games.

You can't even download Ghosts on Wii U.

Is an irony that the Wii U have more space than the PS4...

For PS4 you need to upgrade your HDD, and the limit should be 2 or 4 TB.
On Wii U, the limit is 2tb per disk, because you can use more than one.

Is an irony that the Wii U have more space than the PS4...

For PS4 you need to upgrade your HDD, and the limit should be 2 or 4 TB.
On Wii U, the limit is 2tb per disk, because you can use more than one.

Haha, I upgraded my PS4 HDD the day I got it. The biggest laptop drive I could find was 1.5TB and it was too expensive so I got a 1TB. It's about half full after 2 months.

That's the same thing I thought, I think Nintendo did a fantastic job compressing this game.

I'm relieved it wasn't too big, because this game will sell a lot digitally too.

That's the same thing I thought, I think Nintendo did a fantastic job compressing this game.

I'm relieved it wasn't too big, because this game will sell a lot digitally too.

If Nintendo just had a stronger online success they would be hailed greatly.

If Nintendo just had a stronger online success they would be hailed greatly.
They would, but at least the're slowly catching up with the latest generation, with their updated games, I'm happy that Mario Kart 8 has online, and I'm guessing it's A LOT more stable and upgraded than Mario Kart Wii.

Size means little to me, I'm buying a physical copy. Besides the benefits of avoiding digital, there's lots of pre-order bonuses already showing up! I expect even more as we get closer to release.

it's gonna be a big game, so I'm not surprised. I wouldn't download it though. Save space! xD

Get the retail version!

I'm surprised the file size is so small. This is great for those who are downloading the game.

I'll be purchasing a physical copy myself.

Going to download it but I don't have enough space! I will buy a new hard drive for it, I am storing all my save data from Batman Arkham City, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros U and full games of, Wii Sports Club, Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate DE, Just Dance 2014, Zen Pinball, ZombiU demo and Chasing Aura all on the main 32gb hard drive, not to mention updates... I need that External Drive...

Man, 4.9 GB is a lot of space. I bet most of the data is due to all the HD textures and environment. I'm happy they kept it small though because that invites more players to buy online. Most other developers probably do not make too many efforts to compress their games which is why I think their games occupy so much space.

Back