Mario Kart Mario Kart Online Cheating Carnage (DS& Wii) That Ruined The Game

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
im sure almost everyone has run into this when mario kart ds& wii were still active, but just how badly did cheaters making messes ruin the gameplay online for you? from my experience it seemed a lot more dominant in mario kart ds ans significantly worse but that doesnt mean it was a major problem in mario kart wii either. i ran into it enough on mario kart wii that i stopped playing online with my friend for a while as we both were getting super trolled by those annoying and mean item spammers (especially stars, big mushrooms and a lot of other ridiculous things like bomb parades and so forth for lack of better words). i know that in mario kart 8 deluxe the anti cheat was improved though and i heard they just instant DC cheaters for false item generation, so i dont think we'll be seeing this return for quite a long while haha

anyone who's done more online in mario kart 8 deluxe can correct me if im wrong here though. but how badly did these very common messes ruin the online in naeio kart ds/ wii for you? in my experience it was always some item spammers, from blue shell trolling to bomb parades, or even people who said screw the whole thing and used endless bullet bills which really made it completely impossible to have any chance. trolls who spam items on people seemed more common though (for some reason) in my experience

I was OK with people who hacked the tracks because all weren't available to select during online play, but with a hacker in the lobby, we could choose from them all.

I think I'd just turn OFF my DS when other hacks were used.

Reactions: Kadaj
I was OK with people who hacked the tracks because all weren't available to select during online play, but with a hacker in the lobby, we could choose from them all.

I think I'd just turn OFF my DS when other hacks were used.
using a cheat for this is definitely acceptable, i agree with that. its not truly cheating per say but adding more courses to play online instead of item hacking to oblivion. the item hacks were the main problem--almost every hacker online did this in mario kart wii& ds and it was very annoying... some of these focused on trolling one or two people with bombs, red shells, stars, big mushrooms (and some other stuff as well) instead of actually trying to win or advance and instead spamming this junk on a couple people nonstop (this made almost everyone quit but why wouldnt it?). id rather deal with bullet bill abuse than this trash personally but i got tired of this stuff in a hurry and even my best friend got worn out at the tim as well and we quit doing online randoms because this simply happened too many times. another thing we saw was probably one of the worst things possible: blue shell spammers who like other item spammers made no attempt to win/ advance and just threw one blue shell after another. fortunately neither of us were spammed by this one but i feel bad for the ones who were. the blue shell is an already easily annoying and disliked item to begin with and spamming this is worse than the bomb parades or red shell parades ever are imo

why do people do this? wish i could tell you, it sucks major =P

Back