Mario Maker rumor? (Game Confirmed - E3 2014)

• Thread starter MegaSuperab
  • Start date

Do you think Mario Maker will be a true game? If so, what system?

• Total voters
MegaSuperab

MegaSuperab

My FC is 0946-2553-1158.
Towns Folk
At this link: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5784190/mario-maker-nintendo-e3-2014-rumor, Polygon.com tells a rumor for a game called "Mario Maker." They said it may be a game where, with a stylus, you can create Super Mario Bros. levels. No gameplay is shown, but a leaked image, legit or not, shows a demo station of Mario Maker. I'm guessing this can be on the 3DS, but we will find out about this game next week on E3!

Edited by Marc :

The game has been confirmed for the Wii U at E3 2014. See some gameplay below :

Last edited by a moderator:
At this link: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5784190/mario-maker-nintendo-e3-2014-rumor, Polygon.com tells a rumor for a game called "Mario Maker." They said it may be a game where, with a stylus, you can create Super Mario Bros. levels. No gameplay is shown, but a leaked image, legit or not, shows a demo station of Mario Maker. I'm guessing this can be on the 3DS, but we will find out about this game next week on E3!

That would be a great idea, but I'm not sure if it's true. It should be added as a bonus in the next Super Mario Bros. game, though.

That would be a great idea, but I'm not sure if it's true. It should be added as a bonus in the next Super Mario Bros. game, though.
It looks real, but that dosen't mean it is real. We can just wait until E3 2014 comes!

Reactions: 423
I think it's real. If it were a fake I doubt the person that made it would make it such a boring and unexciting game.

sounds like an awesome game/idea, but I don't think it's real. It does look convincing, though.

Fingers crossed! xD

Being that Nintendo is acting very secretive, this could quite possibly be real. However, I won't believe it until I see further evidence of this one-sourced rumor.

It might be fake because i don't think Nintendo will give the permission for player to create Mario game instead of them since they only allow Indie game makers

Seems a cool idea. Too good to be true, really. We'd never tire of it. If there was level sharing, as there would be in a game like this, then it'd be a never-ending game for Mario fans. Which is why I doubt Nintendo would make it.
Looks slightly convincing though, maybe because of the low-res camera taking the pictures :p

The game has been confirmed, but for WiiU. I though Nintendo would release it on the 3DS, though, as it's a more portable system, and would have sold more...

Well E3 has stated that the Mario Maker rumor is true. It is also cool that you can play your own levels in HD with the Super Mario Bros. U mode. I also hope that you will be able to play community levels or make different communities for it (3DSPedia community? Huh? Huh?).

Reactions: 18
The game has been confirmed, but for WiiU. I though Nintendo would release it on the 3DS, though, as it's a more portable system, and would have sold more...
Well E3 has stated that the Mario Maker rumor is true. It is also cool that you can play your own levels in HD with the Super Mario Bros. U mode. I also hope that you will be able to play community levels or make different communities for it (3DSPedia community? Huh? Huh?).
I know, I watched the trailer TheRealSonicFan uploaded. It's pretty wild you can change the graphics to a NSMBU style, and even block the castle at the end!

I didn't see the systems it'll be available for in the video during the live event (I might have missed it) so I assumed there was a chance for both. Thanks for clearing that up.

A gameplay video for whoever missed it :

Looks pretty cool imo.

Wait when did they say that Mario Maker was coming out? Or is it already out now. I hope it's not another 2015 title because I am so sick of those, how can people wait that long??? Anyways can't wait to get it and make my own cute little Mario Levels.

Reactions: MegaSuperab
Wii U's getting all the good stuff now just to get it to sell. This is so frustrating for 3DS-only owners like myself. :(

This is assuming that it's Wii U-only, of course, like @D4rkDragon said. I hope it's for 3DS owners too.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
This has long been over due but a great time for it with the gamepad.

I see no reason why it can't be used on both Wii U and 3DS but hopefully whatever is created can be played on both.

The fact that this isn't coming out for another year worries me somewhat. Nintendo may price it a bit steep if it took them a while to develop it >.>

As for a 3DS version, the fact that you can change the graphics to NSMBU is confirmation that won't happen. >.>

I can't pretend that I was too interested in this title, but it is a little disappointing that they would decide to keep it a Wii U exclusive when it's almost a perfect title for the 3DS users. I get that the Wii u need some attention as it isn't selling too well, but they could have given the 3DS a little more love.

Edited by Marc :

The game has been confirmed for the Wii U at E3 2014. See some gameplay below :

Oh thanks hacker!
Edited by Spinnerweb:

Mod, not hacker :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the idea of making your own stages and playing it through, but it doesn't really interest me, after a few days of playing with it, it'll get boring, I'm more interested to see the price of it, I hope it isn't too expensive, should not fare at the regular $60 standpoint.. I honestly thought that there was an app on the NDS similar to this Mario Maker. It looks cool though, I think it fits the Wii U console better (IMO) :panda:

Back