• Thread starter dfarmer2001
  • Start date

Have you played Mario Party 9?

• Total voters
dfarmer2001

dfarmer2001

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
I remember when I got my first nintendo wii! Along with it came a game called Mario Party 8, and I truly enjoyed it. I could spend hours on it at a time, and I even noticed that a 2 player game with 2 coms, 50 turns, takes 4 hours to complete, and I can do a full game of it at a time. So since I enjoyed that game so much I decided I wanted to try Mario Party 9.. I played it maybe two times, and I just don't enjoy it at all. There isn't as much to do as there is on Mario Party 8.
So I am wondering if you have played Mario Party 9 and if you like it or dislike it?

Reactions: Houari98Houari
Haven't played it yet. I wasn't all that impressed with 8 to be honest (even though it is fun). Mario Party 9 seems to have adopted some unique elements which are carrying over to 10 for the Wii U. I may pick it up someday, but I have other Mario Party games for 64 & GC which are enough for me right now.

I only played mario party 7 and below, I didnt buy the wii mario parties because I never had the time. But maybe I will buy the newest mario party when I get a wii u for christmas.

I played Mario Party for the Wii, but I probably won't get it for the Wii U. It's fun to play for an hour or two with a friend, but I get pretty bored after that. Not to mention, it's only fun with a friend, not really by yourself.

I don't play Mario Party a ton, because what usually happens is I have a sudden urge to play it, so then I play it for a couple hours and I'm satisfied for about a month before I want to play again. It is always fun, though.

As for MP9 specifically, the board game mode isn't the best since I prefer the traditional movement over 9's everyone-rides-in-a-car style. However, I think the mini games in this game are absolutely amazing, especially the 1v3 game Tackle Takedown.

I preferred MP8, because as many people said, the fact that you must progress in the same time with others kinda killed the fun for me. Especially due to the fact that the CPU can trap you in getting owned no matter what you do. Also, once and again, the CPU is still overpowered (about luck), and it forced me to reset/power off the Wii to take a break because I truly had the feeling that I was going to throw my Wii and the game through the window.
For me, it's "Destroy Your Wii Simulator" (and cry, because you paid your Wii 200$/£/€)

So, MP8 and lower >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MP9.

I have not played Mario Party 9, nor do I plan on playing it. Possibly the same deal with 10. The newer Mario Parties aren't as fun not only because of the car, but because they don't have that exciting feel like the others did. The only MP's I've played are 2, 5, DS, and Island Tour. The first three I listed are pure satisfactory for me, but Island Tour... It's less than ok. Whenever I think about this particular Mario Party, I always say to myself It was a rushed development lol.

The last mario party game I played, was mario party 8. It was a fun game, and I wish I could of tried 9.

Back