Marvel's: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (Warning MAY contain Spoilers!!)

• Thread starter Mazumia
  • Start date
Mazumia

Mazumia

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
*****WARNING!! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS AFTER MY POST BELOW****

Has anyone other than myself seen this show? Especially recently? I am finding that it started off quite slow but right now it's just getting good. I love all of the multiple references it has done from different Marvel Movie's released thus far. I think it's a good platform to link the movies together as well! What about you guys?

I've been meaning to watch it, but never got around to it. Has it been good?

I've been meaning to watch it, but never got around to it. Has it been good?
Like i said in my original post, it started off slow, but now it is getting really good.

Aww yeah, it's getting REALLY cool - but in the UK we're a couple of weeks behind you guys in the US so we're gonna be on "Yes Men" on Friday. So exciting.

The last two episodes (when you get there) I reccomend you see the second last one first. If you haven't seen the captain america movie, watch that after. Then watch the most recent episode. It all comes together nicely =)

Oh yeah, I heard that the new Captain America movie ties in so I'll have to watch that; but first, a lot of the other Marvel movies. I still have't seen The Avengers, but just know enough so I wasn't clueless when I saw the show itself.

In order to get the best experience, every marvel movie from Iron Man 1 and beyond as well as the end credit scenes and the marvel tv all tie in together, watching them in sequence really is somethin special. Nothing has ever been done like this before.

Oh yeah, the way they all connect is just amazing - and I really need to watch them. Also, new SHIELD is on tonight in England - YES Men, and Lorelei looks like such an interesting character.

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said the UK was behind. That episode aired back in early march.

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said the UK was behind. That episode aired back in early march.
Yeah, we could've been watching at the same time as you lot (or near enough) but the channel that airs it decided it'd be better to delay the second part of Season 1 to make sure we could watch it all every week because in the USA, apparently you had frequent holidays which meant Agents of SHIELD took breaks.

Also, I thought the episode was quite good - Coulson is by far my favourite character, and I'm most emotionally invested in his part of the story. The shocking revelations concerning Skye being an 0-8-4 was well timed, her character has gotten so much better now and I can't wait to find out who the Clairvoyant is.

Oh, and poor Fitz. He gets knocked out by Coulson after being enchanted by Lorelei and didn't get any kind of (or at least, it wasn't shown) formal apology. :laugh:

Yeah, we could've been watching at the same time as you lot (or near enough) but the channel that airs it decided it'd be better to delay the second part of Season 1 to make sure we could watch it all every week because in the USA, apparently you had frequent holidays which meant Agents of SHIELD took breaks.

Also, I thought the episode was quite good - Coulson is by far my favourite character, and I'm most emotionally invested in his part of the story. The shocking revelations concerning Skye being an 0-8-4 was well timed, her character has gotten so much better now and I can't wait to find out who the Clairvoyant is.

Oh, and poor Fitz. He gets knocked out by Coulson after being enchanted by Lorelei and didn't get any kind of (or at least, it wasn't shown) formal apology. :laugh:

I already know who the clairvoyant is, but no worries i won't spoil it =). And i don't live in the states, I live in canada. I think they took a break during the olympics only, there really is no major holidays in february in the states.

I already know who the clairvoyant is, but no worries i won't spoil it =). And i don't live in the states, I live in canada. I think they took a break during the olympics only, there really is no major holidays in february in the states.
I think I have an idea of who it is, because I managed to see a little something on the Agents of Shield episode guide on Wikipedia when looking to see what the next episode was called. Someone who teamed up with our heroes in "T.A.H.I.T.I", I believe? Oh, and I should've known judging by your sig (The only Canadians I know are big on ice hockey, haha). I think they had these one-day holidays which happened to be on the day when AOS is aired.

To be honest I don't think that was the reason. Because so far they've timed Thor 2 and Captain America: The Winter Solider with the show, they had to take breaks in order to make sure everything timed perfectly. For instance The episode before The Captain America Movie came out was the prelude to the movie. then the movie came out and the following tuesday the direct events after captain americas movie took place

Oh right, but either way the channel wanted for it to air without any interruptions anyways. You know how if it aired in the US and then had something come up so we have to wait too.

Also, Lady Sif was such a awesome. I want to see more of her working with Coulson's team. "Phil, son of Coul" haha.

Reactions: 2 people
I really hope that they start to incorporate more from the marvel universe from the movies =)

I'd say I want for that to happen if it's as good as what we saw with Lady Sif but I haven't caught up on the movies yet (I'll find the motivation to do it in the summer, probably) but I'd rather not if it overshadows what's going on with the main plot with Coulson's team.

Speaking of which, is there some sort of official name to refer to Coulson's team that I might've missed in the episodes?

I'd say I want for that to happen if it's as good as what we saw with Lady Sif but I haven't caught up on the movies yet (I'll find the motivation to do it in the summer, probably) but I'd rather not if it overshadows what's going on with the main plot with Coulson's team.

Speaking of which, is there some sort of official name to refer to Coulson's team that I might've missed in the episodes?

There isn't an official name for their team. But if you want the most of the episode experience I recommend watching the marvel movies at the same time you're watching the tv show because they go together very well.

That shows confuses me...I tried watching it but with happen to Coulson in the Avengers it left me deeply confused...

Back