SSB Masahiro Sakurai confirms DLC will be ending soon, Marth was planned for N64, and Roy's Personality

• Thread starter Super Smash Jordan
  • Start date
Super Smash Jordan

Super Smash Jordan

Anime Lover, Smash Player, Gamer of Heart
Towns Folk
In a recent article about the 25th anniversary of Fire Emblem, Sakurai was being interviewed and they talking about how Marth was originally planned for the N64 version of Smash Bros. He said he would've had more style compared to Link's moveset but with a limit time to add more features and other characters, he was scrapped. That was why Marth was added in Melee.

They went on talking about Roy, which Sakurai explained that he felt that the personality Roy might of had was strong, fierce, and humble and that was how and why his attacks were stronger at the hilt of the blade. When he played Binding Blade, or the original Fire Emblem for the west, he found out that he was wrong.

Now here's the saddest part of this article. When interview Sakurai confirmed that the DLC for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS is coming to an end soon. I honestly feel bad about this but you have to think about it again, Sakurai has worked hard keeping his development team together a year after the game launched, so it's kinda unsurprising that this would happen. Hopefully as of this day on December 13, 2015 (or 13 December 2015 for European members) that in the Final Smash Presentation he will announce a ton of new characters.

Smash DLC may be ending soon, but who do think we'll get announced on Tuesday? For me I personally hope for Snake, Wolf, Inklings, Shantae and Iwata, especially Iwata.

I feel as if I've already heard of Marth originally planned for SSB64. As for who will possibly be announced, I hope that Wolf will have no chance of being included. I think he's cool. But then he'd just being another clone. As for the Inklings, I can't say that I would like them to be in there as well. If anything, Snake should definitely make a comeback. He's not a clone, he's a vet, he's from one of the most successful video game franchises.

Reactions: Eric Cartman and Super Smash Jordan
Marth seemed to be a character that could've fir into the N64 roster. Well at least 99% of melee players love him lol. And in Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, Roy does actually have a fierce and strong personality, but his attacks were kinda... weak I would say. And as far as DLC is concerned, I think he's given enough DLC if you think about it. 5 Characters, 7 Stages, and loads of mii outfits. Smash 4 has turned out great, and it's good that he was able o fit in some DLCs.

And as far as DLC is concerned, I think he's given enough DLC if you think about it. 5 Characters, 7 Stages, and loads of mii outfits. Smash 4 has turned out great, and it's good that he was able o fit in some DLCs.
Who says the hype train must stop there \:D/

I feel as if I've already heard of Marth originally planned for SSB64. As for who will possibly be announced, I hope that Wolf will have no chance of being included. I think he's cool. But then he'd just being another clone. As for the Inklings, I can't say that I would like them to be in there as well. If anything, Snake should definitely make a comeback. He's not a clone, he's a vet, he's from one of the most successful video game franchises.
Upon looking and relooking at Wolf's moveset there is 89% difference between him, Fox, and Falco.

The Inklings, even though new, are hot right now and Sakurai thinks sometimes on how popular some characters are, Smash & Splatoon were being made at different times, so it would've been hard to come up with anything at that moment.

As much as I love Snake in Brawl what I hate is the company Konami. They had hired someone who doesn't know anything about what they really do, so the video game side of things has crushed our expectations. Konami wouldn't mind if Snake was in though

Upon looking and relooking at Wolf's moveset there is 89% difference between him, Fox, and Falco.

The Inklings, even though new, are hot right now and Sakurai thinks sometimes on how popular some characters are, Smash & Splatoon were being made at different times, so it would've been hard to come up with anything at that moment.

As much as I love Snake in Brawl what I hate is the company Konami. They had hired someone who doesn't know anything about what they really do, so the video game side of things has crushed our expectations. Konami wouldn't mind if Snake was in though
89% difference? Just because they may have different smashes and attacks doesn't mean they aren't clones. Fox and Falco have different movesets but they're still considered clones for having the exact same specials. Same with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. All three of them have the exact same Final Smash as well.

89% difference? Just because they may have different smashes and attacks doesn't mean they aren't clones. Fox and Falco have different movesets but they're still considered clones for having the exact same specials. Same with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. All three of them have the exact same Final Smash as well.
You are specifically talking about specials. Fire Wolf is different than Fire Bird or Fire Fox and Wolf Flash was also different compared to Fox Illusion or Falco Phantasm.

You are specifically talking about specials. Fire Wolf is different than Fire Bird or Fire Fox and Wolf Flash was also different compared to Fox Illusion or Falco Phantasm.
Just because Wolf's specials act and look different from Fox and Falco's does not make him any less of a clone. If that was the case, then Lucas, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, etc. wouldn't be clones, now would they? Each clones attribute is different from the original in terms of their moves and how the character plays. And it's obviously shown. Wolf is a clone.

I'm kinda disappointed that we didn't get the inklings for smash and instead we got another fire emblem character that only Japanese people know.

Reactions: ESP
Just because Wolf's specials act and look different from Fox and Falco's does not make him any less of a clone. If that was the case, then Lucas, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, etc. wouldn't be clones, now would they? Each clones attribute is different from the original in terms of their moves and how the character plays. And it's obviously shown. Wolf is a clone.
If your only counting the special attacks then sure, but he's still not as much as a semi-clone as Falco is.

I'm kinda disappointed that we didn't get the inklings for smash and instead we got another fire emblem character that only Japanese people know.
As you may already know, we will get Fates soon. If people are still salty about how there are "too many Fire Emblem characters in Smash" then why aren't people complaining about how there are too many Mario characters or Pokémon characters there are in Smash?

Back