Massive update for Splatoon!

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
On August 5th, a massive update will hit Splatoon!

- 2 new Matchmaking modes
- Level cap bumped by 30
- 2 new weapons
- more than 40 new pieces of gear

The new matchmaking modes will allow you to have private lobbys to play custom matches with friends. The other one will allow you to make a team with your friends to play against other teams online in ranked matches.

Reactions: Marc and P2.0
I was just wondering about the new update everyone was talking about! :eek: I heard a few things like the level going up and some new gear,but custom matches sounds like da bomb! :cool: Hopefully,we can stay on teams without our friends going to the enemy side. :hilarious:

I hope so too! It would ruind the point if the teams switch, but from what I heard, you should remain with your friends ^^

Reactions: P2.0
Awesome! :D That'll be so much better than splitting up all the time,y'know? Now we can actually discuss strategies, and maximize our chances of leveling up our ranks/levels! :thumbsup:

Wait if I'm not mistaken it is 3 new weapons right, or am I wrong? Does the level increase mean you can be level 50 or 30? I am so excited for the new modes with friends!^.^! Oh yeah isn't there a new map or 2 I think just 1 but there is a new map right?

"The update also adds in a ton of new content, including two new weapon types (a gatling-gun called "The Splatling" and a fancy paint-bucket called "The Slosher") and more than 40 new pieces of fashionable armor and gear. Nintendo is also bumping the game's character level cap from 20 to 50 and will tack rank S and S+ to the top of its competitive ranking system."

It answers all of your questions :D

Thanks, and I thought the new weapons were 3 a splatling, a slosher and a ink rain thing(I forget the exact name) and that is a high level jump I haven't been trying.to level up to often but it is pretty hard to level up to 20 already because the points you need double every time kinda and now a level increasement that high!

The 'Splatling' just sounds cool,lol. XD I wonder if it'll be super fast?

It's fire rate is insane it looks like, have you seen the DLC video @P2.0?

@pokefreak : Not yet,but I'll get right on that! :0 Tbh,I only of it from G+,I never actually saw any view on the new DLC. :eek:

so hyped for that amzing update

Yeah me too, HYPED SOOO MUCH!!!

Someone actually leaked the names of the weapons and the gamemode's name including info: The rainmaker is a gamemode like capture the flag: you must find it, break the shield, and carry the heavy gold rainmaker to the other teams base. Also the rainmaker shoots inkzookas. EPIC! Including bloblobber weapons, idk what they are for.

More info about leak here:
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/splato...mods-unveiled-heres-what-expect-photos-452152

Last edited by a moderator:
Back