SwSh May have found a potential cheese tactic for high tier raids(even for solo play)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
soo some people here might already know about this but i think i found a cheese tactic for at least a modest portion of max raid battles... the process is honestly very simple really but the pokemon needed is notoriously rare: zen mode darmanitan. it took me a couple hours to get my first one but was so worth it for this amazing HA pokemon. if you need location data im pretty sure hes in one of the dens closer to the hammerlocke gate somewhere around the giant rock. my wording isnt first class though so if thats still too confusing its probably best to google this, there are plenty of youtube videos showing where to get one so it shouldnt be hard find.

now for the strategy... its honestly very straightforward and as mentioned some may have already seen or used this but this is for the less experienced or newer players struggling with some difficult raids who more than likely dont know about this. first turn, use belly drum to max attack and instantly enter zen mode. the other moves i gave mine are flare blitz, icicle crash and superpower. flare blitz if an AI partner decides to be a dummy and heal you which cancels you out of zen mode if done on the first turn... kinda annoying, yes. apart from the obvious and ridiculous power boost here, its also a good way to use a turn and have them lower the health enough to trigger the first series of barriers (if doing a 5* raid battle) and then go in with whatever supereffective or STAB seems best. supereffective and STAB with icicle crash is pretty dang funny from my experience and this was solo so imagine having another person doing the same thinbg in a co op.... lol. for hold item i use wide lens to make sure icicle crash doesnt miss as in some raids this can be costly, but a life orb is optimal for pure power... though given how much damage this strategy does without it most likely its not needed here haha... i dont suggest leftovers because there seems to be too much RNG with who the dynamax pokemon chooses to attack when, so if you arent hit (without fainting obviously) then having darmanitan use leftovers on the first turn keeps you out of zen mode. if you do get attacked then its ok but its probably too random for me to suggest this. i beat a 5* xatu and some other stuff very easily doing all of this.

I hope this helps anyone struggling with max raid battles, its done wonders for me even on 5* ones ! sure might be a bit more risky than other ideas but its extremely rewarding and useful. the only faint ive had doing this was getting confused and darma chose to self destruct instead of using superpower on a Gmax meowth... this does happen but this does so much damage that it shouldnt be frequent. have a friend who does the same thing? grind it out together then in the most hilarious way possible and have fun wiping all those dens ! =)

Reactions: AricAttack
Back