• Thread starter akumukjn
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

akumukjn

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
one of the major changes in pokemon X/Y is the Mega Evolution. what difference does it bring ? like in stats and where do i get the stones for it?

A brand new feature of the Pokémon X & Y games are Mega Evolutions. These are special features of Pokémon, different to evolutions and forms, that have your Pokémon Mega Evolve in battle into these appearances. Their abilities, stats and sometimes even types are different. To get a Pokémon to Mega Evolve, they need to be holding a special Mega Stone item unique to their species, as well as receiving the Mega Ring and the Key Stone. To get your Pokémon to Mega Evolve, you can select a button when picking the move and then select a move. The Pokémon will both evolve and attack in that turn. You may only have one Mega Evolution in a battle.

Many Mega Stones are given to you, but others can only be found between the hours of 8 and 9 in the evening after Sycamore has upgraded your Mega Ring in the post-game.

Credits to the source: Serebii

The stats will increase depending on the mega stone , Charizard Y specializes in Sp Attack while Charizard X specializes in Attack , mega stones also make ur pokemon invincible to some types.

Reactions: akumukjn
one of the major changes in pokemon X/Y is the Mega Evolution. what difference does it bring ? like in stats and where do i get the stones for it?
@Onide covered a lot of what I'd say, but I have a bit more to expand on it.

Mega Stones are located throughout the game, but most of them are only found post-game. As for what they do, the stat boosts depend on the individual pokemon but in general they increase the base stat number by 90-100 (yes Mewtwo X/Y now have a higher base stat than Arceus). How the base stat boost is spread among the various stats depends on the individual pokemon though.

Reactions: akumukjn
thank you guys for your replies. I'm using mega-blaziken

nice he's good but you can also use the other mega evolutions strategically - like using charizard then you realize the opponents pokemon is a pikachu and is gonna use a thunder move - probably - so you mega evolve and its done :p
pikachu deals less damage

the charizard example goes only for pkmn X in which it charges it's type

but you can obtain other stones buy buying them from the stone guy in Luminuse city - or buy it off someone on this forum - or get it from a friend thats gotten board of playing but that will never happen :p

Even then Charizard X/Y both offer some unique advantages and you simply can't go wrong with them. I mean, Charizard Y is really good with its Drought ability and access to moves like Heat Wave (Special Attack Boost, STAB, Drought....GG). If Drought wasn't nerfed, it'd only add to the greatness of Charizard Y

i get it ok thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back