Mega Man gold amiibo!?

• Thread starter shanic132
  • Start date
shanic132

shanic132

Super Fighting Robot!
Towns Folk
Alright now most of us must've saw the nintendo direct recently, if not i'll post a link here:

I'll say that most of the things that nintendo announced were pretty obvious. we already knew about most of the games and the DLC. Most of us were there for the big news. One of those big news was a MegaMan legacy collection collectors edition. This comes with the physical game and a MegaMan GOLD amiibo! it looks like this.

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/CTpSrboU8AAj3HO_thumb.jpg

Now what are your thoughts on it, some say you can easily just spray paint a regular MegaMan amiibo gold. I personally love it, but i know what they're talking about, if it had a different pose than that's something else.

LEGENDS NEVER DIE!

I think it's hideous. I don't see why gold amiibos are represented as more precious/rare when they're far uglier. The standard amiibos always look great, but the monochrome gold amiibos are worth less for decorative purposes - and since this amiibo has the same effect on the Mega Man Legacy Collection game, it's not even got an exclusive effect to back it up.

With alternate costumes/poses I would understand, but gold amiibos look awful to me.

I think it's hideous. I don't see why gold amiibos are represented as more precious/rare when they're far uglier. The standard amiibos always look great, but the monochrome gold amiibos are worth less for decorative purposes - and since this amiibo has the same effect on the Mega Man Legacy Collection game, it's not even got an exclusive effect to back it up.

With alternate costumes/poses I would understand, but gold amiibos look awful to me.

I can totally see where you're coming from and it makes a lot of sense. It would have been better if the amiibo had a different pose and had something unique that the regular amiibos do not have like more challenge access or you could use that gold amiibo as an alternate skin in smash. If the figure was metal that was colored gold then i guess it KINDA makes it rare (i don't know i went to a public school lol). but we all know it's going to be plastic that's colored gold.

Back