Mega Man Live action movie!?

• Thread starter shanic132
  • Start date
shanic132

shanic132

Super Fighting Robot!
Towns Folk
That's right, you probably heard. Hollywood is making a Mega Man Movie. Now it hasn't been 100% confirmed that it will be live action but just imagine the thought of it. We can all agree that making a movie based off a game is difficult to please the fans, especially if its live action. I believe this happened because of the MN9 Live action movie thats going to come out. Now don't get me wrong i love MN9 and i will buy the game within a heart beat but that's not the issue here. Now i'm not sure how you guys feel about this but i'm glad that capcom has finally done something with Mega Man. is it going in the right direction though? probably not. i mean just look at all the movies that were based off games, you got Hitman, Final Fantasy (you know which one i'm talking about), Super Mario Bros, etc. and most of them were pretty bad.

Any thoughts? feel free to share! ^^

yay

That's right, you probably heard. Hollywood is making a Mega Man Movie. Now it hasn't been 100% confirmed that it will be live action but just imagine the thought of it. We can all agree that making a movie based off a game is difficult to please the fans, especially if its live action. I believe this happened because of the MN9 Live action movie thats going to come out. Now don't get me wrong i love MN9 and i will buy the game within a heart beat but that's not the issue here. Now i'm not sure how you guys feel about this but i'm glad that capcom has finally done something with Mega Man. is it going in the right direction though? probably not. i mean just look at all the movies that were based off games, you got Hitman, Final Fantasy (you know which one i'm talking about), Super Mario Bros, etc. and most of them were pretty bad.

Any thoughts? feel free to share! ^^

Actually, I don't know which one you're talking about. The only one FF movie I saw was the FFVII one (can't recall the name).
Also, I don't mind a Mega Man movie, but as you said, the "Live action" term is a cold shower. (Live Actions movies based off games always have been a disaster to watch)

Well we all know that most movies based on Video Games end up being a complete disaster. Its no different that live movies are worse. I am sure that this will cause a lot of rampage and hate from fans all over the world. Mega Man is a pretty popular character and a movie can ruin him. If all goes well, he may endure the curse.

Actually, I don't know which one you're talking about. The only one FF movie I saw was the FFVII one (can't recall the name).
Also, I don't mind a Mega Man movie, but as you said, the "Live action" term is a cold shower. (Live Actions movies based off games always have been a disaster to watch)
sorry the Final fantasy movie i'm talking about is called "final Fantasy: the spirits within."

I wonder which Mega Man they'll do for the movie. I hope he'll be the much younger Mega Man because the older looking one is creepy.

I also fear what they'll do with it. After seeing Mario Bros, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Dragonball I'm scared (because they were all fails).

I'm also dreading the FNAF movie and Assassins Creed Movie.

Well,considering the state of every live-action videogame adaptation existent,I'm not having a whole lot of hopes for this one.
At times,I really wonder why movie studios think that certain franchises would be better put on live-action for big-name action actors to appear on them,rather than the more fitting animation style.I mean,for example,the ones behind Sonic,Professor Layton,Pokemon and Ratchet and Clank did it right(even if the Sonic one was pretty bizarre :p),so why take Mega to the opposite route?Sure,certain franchises do make sense to appear in that movie style,like Lara Croft and Mortal Kombat,but some few others would most likely have been better if they had gone with hand-drawn/computer animation in their adaptations,personally.I'll admit I'm only interested in playing the Mega Man games as I didn't have to opportunity yet(if the Legacy collection is rental,I might try it),but from what I've seen,the story of the classic series shouldn't be all that hard to translate in cinematography...unless they want to complicate it all with more serious stuff and randomness. :panda:

Back