Mega Mawile setup help?

• Thread starter FirstSerpent
  • Start date
FirstSerpent

FirstSerpent

Button Masher
Towns Folk
Alright, so I've recently got my copy of Pokemon X, and cleared the game. (Which means I beat the elite four once.) After transferring my pokemon, and rebuilding my team for Gen6, I was deciding on a mega when I got a near perfect IV Mawile via wondertrade. Long story short, I bred it with my Heracross to get my ideal one, and I'm going with a pretty common setup.

Mawile (Mega.)
Ability: Intimidate / (Huge power in mega.)
EV spread: 252 ATK, 252 HP, 4 SPD.
Moves:
Swords dance.
Play rough.
Iron head.
Suckerpunch.

Is this an alright? I'd like to see what you guys think I should do.

Reactions: MMMs
I'd replace Iron Head with Fire Fang (egg move so it'll require breeding again :vomit:) to "take out" those annoying steel-type Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Skarmory that resists fairy and dark type moves.

You're sacrificing a high power stab move but an unexpected Fire Fang can be dangerous, :bag:

Reactions: FirstSerpent
Ergh, Egg moves. :eek: But that seems like a pretty good idea, actually. Thanks.
So I'm giving up the Steel Stab for Fire fang? Let's just hope my opponents are smart enough not to switch in with a fairy type, because Mawile usually has iron head. :rotfl:

Let's just hope my opponents are smart enough not to switch in with a fairy type, because Mawile usually has iron head. :rotfl:
Play Rough still hits the fairies hard and most of 'em are high SP DEF 'mons while Play Rough is a physical attack.

I think Sylveon is the best DEF Fairy, so...
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 394-465 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 262-309 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Reactions: FirstSerpent
Aha, thanks. Back to breeding, I guess.

Play Rough still hits the fairies hard and most of 'em are high SP DEF 'mons while Play Rough is a physical attack.

I think Sylveon is the best DEF Fairy, so...
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 394-465 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 262-309 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Azumarill tho... I think it has a higher HP than Sylveon.

Lol it has the same Moveset as mine lol Anyways, the moveset can go like this lol

Play Rough
Fire Fang / Iron Head
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance / Fire Fang

With Iron Head, you can take remove pesky Fairies, Rocks and Ice Types. Though STAB Iron Head Hits hard but it doesn't have the best coverage. Fire Fang on the other hand, punishes Steel, Grass, Bug and Ice-types, Ferrothorn and Scizor. It may not be STAB, but it has a chance of flinching slower Pokemon and/or a chance of burn to punish Physical attackers.
Removing Swords Dance is also an option too. Since Mawile relies on brute force anyways, it can use Swords Dance's slot for another move for coverage. But with Swords Dance in the slot, you play mind games with other setters too.

Fire Fang=High Coverage, Punishes Popular Pokemon(Ferrothron, Scizor), Chance of Burn/Flinch
Iron Head=Chance of Flinch, STAB
Swords Dance=Makes apocalyptic attack even Higher, Plays Mind Games with other setters

Each has their Pros and Cons lol

Reactions: Marc and FirstSerpent
Back