Mega-Sableye Announced!

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!
The Pokémon Company International has just uploaded a new trailer that features a brand new Mega Evolution, Mega Sableye has been revealed at the Nintendo's Kids Conference at E3 today in Los Angeles

What do you think?

I just want to note that I completely said this in the shoutbox a few days ago.

Sableye is probably one of my favorite Pokémon and his mega eveolution looks incredible.

HOLY MOTHER COWS.

A new Mega Evolution! Amazing! Nintendo is seriously making me hyping over this new game. Mega Sableye...Mega Sableye...amazing. The design isn't THAT great, but the Mega Evolution still seems pretty cool. Sableye turns into a little demon-like thing with a huge Jewel held by him to dominate Pokemon battles. Overall, I'm pretty excited about Mega Sableye.

I'm going to assume that it becomes bulkier with a minimal stat boost to speed. The gem it holds would probably weigh it down, so speed wouldn't raise much.
Its new ability would be something defensive rather than Prankster. I doubt that they would just add the gem in there for the sole purpose of design.
I'm liking the mega's look though. I think it might become a pretty unique mega.

Well since Mawile the version exclusive got one it would only be fair if Sableye got one. It might be super (specially) defensive and really tanky. Hope it doesn't lose Prankster though (unless it has Bad Dreams... but that'll never happen) but I think it might have a ghost equivalent of Fur Coat.

Well since Mawile the version exclusive got one it would only be fair if Sableye got one. It might be super (specially) defensive and really tanky. Hope it doesn't lose Prankster though (unless it has Bad Dreams... but that'll never happen) but I think it might have a ghost equivalent of Fur Coat.

Mega-Sableye looks scary enough to abuse Bad Dreams. The ears become sort of devil like, the eyes are pretty creepy, and the claws and the extra spikes on the end of its arms make it look like a demon. So I think Mega-Sableye could be able to have Bad Dreams, but Bad Dreams is the signature ability of Darkrai, so Bad Dreams on Mega-Sableye is very unlikely.

Oh my. Now that is a very good idea of a Mega Evolution. Sableye had really useless defenses, and I hope this buffs it u. I also hope it gets a signature move like Aegislash did. (Kings Shield)

I hope it keeps Prankster.. As for the Bad Dreams ability, it doesn't get any sleep inducing moves so that ability won't benefit M-Sableye in competitive play. I'd trade in leftovers for some extra defense because of priority recovery.

Wow awesome i like the way he hold the Rubis in his hands this pokemon gotta be in the rubis version not the saphire

With that huge ruby, I think its Speed will reduce a bit but the Defence will increase sharply. However, I personally don't like this Mega because it looks shy and weak. :D

just as sableye was starting to die down in teams now he is going to be in everyones team again but this time even more annoying. mega evolution looks nice though.

I hope it keeps Prankster.. As for the Bad Dreams ability, it doesn't get any sleep inducing moves so that ability won't benefit M-Sableye in competitive play. I'd trade in leftovers for some extra defense because of priority recovery.
I agree. Prankster makes Sableye a very useful utility Pokemon, and he also has no weaknesses and a lot of resistances/immunities that allow him to stall very efficiently. His defenses, however are nothing spectacular.

Only one - Fairy.
We can now live with that, can't we? He had none before Fairy was introduced.

I wonder how much is this ruby worth in the LoZ games... :rotfl:

Jokes aside, I bet that he's going to be overused in online battles... Just like most of the megas.

Reactions: Eevee and Mikaya
I wonder how much is this ruby worth in the LoZ games... :rotfl:
Jokes aside, I bet that he's going to be overused in online battles... Just like most of the megas.
It's worth 200. True fact.
We don't know what it does yet, so whether it gets used a lot is not up for safe assumption. Look at Mega Amphy, that's something you don't see often. In fact, I've never seen a Mega Amphy used once in any wifi battle I had with random people.

It's worth 200. True fact.
We don't know what it does yet, so whether it gets used a lot is not up for safe assumption. Look at Mega Amphy, that's something you don't see often. In fact, I've never seen a Mega Amphy used once in any wifi battle I had with random people.
I have seen someone use Mega Amphy over wifi. I also used him for awhile in my wifi battles.

I guess it is sorta cool? I never used Sableye much and the only thing I really knew about it was that it was an alternative to Spiritomb. I wonder what the gem exactly does. Does it provide some special blanket of defense or is it something which amplifies attack power? I think there a few more possibilities and options for this Mega Evolution so I'm excited to see what exactly Game Freak has in store for us.

I wonder what the gem exactly does. Does it provide some special blanket of defense or is it something which amplifies attack power? I think there a few more possibilities and options for this Mega Evolution so I'm excited to see what exactly Game Freak has in store for us.
Mega Sableye is confirmed to have Magic Bounce, which is a bit disappointing. It's one of three Megas to get that ability and Prankster, the only reason why people use the regular Pokemon, is removed from Sableye.

I used a Sableye to help me through my adventures in pokemon X but I had no real use for it so I traded the Level 73 Sableye for a Level 100 Ninetales which I traded for a level 100 Staraptor.

Back